Lead Engineers - DevOps
Lead Engineers - DevOps
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001900876
- Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Nationwide is investing £1.2b in IT transformation, so it’s never been a more exciting time to join. Building high performing teams plays a huge part in this transformation, which is why we need a skilled Lead Engineer to drive and implement DevOps capabilities across our business.
The creation of the DevOps Enablement Engineering function is a key part of the Society’s Technology Strategy. Its aim is to enable a consistent and effective DevOps / Agile delivery approach across Nationwide’s core IT solutions. This huge strategic investment involves creating compelling DevOps propositions which utilise proven DevOps tooling solutions and providing clear guidance on cultural and behavioural capabilities needed to ensure effective DevOps adoption.
Who we're looking for
We need somebody with:
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• Strong stakeholder management skills
• Deep DevOps Engineering Technical experience with the ability to inspire a technical team
• Experience in leading technical teams and making decisions through periods of ambiguity
• Proven capability in defining innovative solutions to complex technical challenges, balancing strategic alignment with on-time delivery and business impact
• Proven ability to work with Architecture and senior stakeholders in multiple business areas to agree solution constraints and opportunities
• Knowledge of resilience, performance and security engineering techniques
• Proven ability to be accountable for engineering decisions within a technical environment
• Expertise in the DevOps toolchain, particularly Jenkins, GIT, Artifactory, and associated DevOps toolsets
Ideally, you will also have:
• Knowledge of Nationwide’s business proposition, and technical stack
• Awareness of Nationwide current operating model and target operating model plans
• Strong hands on and operational skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be the Lead Engineer providing technical direction and design authority, working with our DevOps-adopting communities, and key senior business stakeholders. We’re looking for both technical depth and the ability to influence others. We want someone who can lead technical excellence within a team, and apply their knowledge to our current and future estates.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
• Annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance
Click apply today and send us your CV.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.