Pega Robotics Lead Developer
Pega Robotics Lead Developer
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001900898
- Closing Date: 28 June 2019
• Pega Robotics Lead Developer in our head offices in Swindon
• Competitive Salary based on a Permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
We are seeking an experienced Robotics leader leveraging our Pega Digital Process Automation Platform to join our Simplification & Automation Squad.
For more information on this opportunity please contact Ben Cuthbert (hiring manager) or Toby Thwaites (Resourcing Manager)
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
• Be an accredited Pega Robotics Architect, System Architect or Senior System Architect.
• Be experienced using Agile and DevOps
• Be experienced in leading Automation Developments and/or Developers
It would be nice if you also had:
•Be a qualified Agile Scrum Master
What you'll be doing
Working for the DPA Development Manager, you will lead Robotics developers in building automation solutions ensuring they are effective, trained and coached in both our tools and ways of working.
You will support leadership in the planning of our product backlog and ensure we have capacity plans to meet our delivery aspirations including supporting recruitment where needed.
You will have end to end accountability for the delivery of an opportunity once it is prioritised/ committed for build. Your advanced development skills enable you to understand any blockers/ issues raised for delivery and identify a mitigation/ resolution plan.
Your ability to think strategically and ability to identify synergies will enable you to actively ensure component re-use is prioritised and design patterns are followed.
You will own second line of escalation for the development team for any issues and concerns regarding the solution identified.
Your practical experience and can do attitude will enable you to help our Senior Technical Consultants trial, test and advocate our tooling and ways of working across our delivery teams and customers
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.