Senior Architect - Digital
Senior Architect - Digital
- Location: Swindon, London, UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001900909
- Closing Date: 30 May 2019
• 2 x Senior Architect in our head offices in Swindon or London
• 35 Hours a week on a permanent contract
• £54,231 -to £87,253 & car/car allowance
We have announcement of £1.3bn investment into new technology over the next five years to transform Nationwide’s digital offerings.
We are focussed on creating legendary digital experiences by understanding the needs of members to make services relevant, simple, efficient and personal. To enable this, we are creating a digital platform to make services more resilient and to help us move faster – giving us the right tech capability and culture for the digital world.
We are seeking Digital Architects to help take us on this journey. You will be the bridge between enterprise architecture and engineering teams across Nationwide’s digital domains. You will enable agile fast past change whilst ensuring longer term outcomes of simplification and reuse.
You will be accountable for leading an architectural team to work with multiple stakeholders to produce, communicate, gain buy-in and maintain a set of roadmaps and transition states. You will facilitate enterprise wide decisions and manage the impact of a fast-moving landscape.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement:
You will have experience in enterprise architecture and technology for the Digital domain in a Tier 1 financial services organisation, including one or more of the following:
• Internet Banking / Mobile Banking
• Open Banking / PSD2
• Digital Technologies and Architectures
Other essential experience alongside product domains:
• Prioritising and responding to business and technology strategies and priorities
• Developing and implementing technology roadmaps
• Excellent verbal and written communication with a proven track record of stakeholder engagement and influencing both business and technical stakeholders.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of Retail FS products (e.g. Core Banking, Mortgages, General Insurance, Credit Cards and Personal Loans)
• Experience of agile and iterative practices for architecture and software development & delivery.
• Experience of event-based architectures, and integration patterns
What you'll be doing
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, developing the vision, roadmaps and transition states to move from the current to the target architecture for the Digital Estate. You will be engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders, vendors and partners, in addition to key programmes and projects to provide oversight, direction and expertise, and to maintain alignment with the target architecture.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.