Software Engineer - Payments
Software Engineer - Payments
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R001900918
- Closing Date: 30 August 2019
Software Engineers – Payments
• Based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train, with generous relocation package available
• Salary (based on a 35-hour working week) to reflect experience.
• Full time, permanent job with clear pathways to further development and promotion.
Our payments application portfolio is undergoing a transformation programme that spans the next few years. We’re looking at what the biggest tech companies in the world are doing to help solve the huge complexities of our critical systems, and embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking.
Our focus is shifting to concepts of event streams or event driven architectures. And we’re looking to utilise technologies such as Apache Kafka, NoSQL Databases and Microservices to build elastically scaling systems capable of handlings hundreds of thousands of events per second. The purpose? Outstanding customer experience. This is an exciting time to join if you’re keen to make an impact.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please contact Daniel Wilson, Resourcing Manager.
Who we're looking for
If you’ve had experience of some of the following, or similar, we’d like to hear from you.
• Significant programming experience, preferably in C#.
• Responsibility for the design, build and test of code including writing automated test suites.
• Working in Agile and/or DevOps driven environments.
• Experience of working with different architectures, such as Enterprise, cloud, N-Tier, Event Streaming or Microservices.
• Understanding or experience of working with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift.
• Knowledge of BizTalk, T-SQL and SQL Server would be a useful.
• Understanding ETL like SSIS (SQL Integration Services) and EAI Tools like IBM Sterling File Gateway is a plus.
• Experience of working with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra or Redis.
• Any previous experience of Apache Kafka would be very beneficial but not essential.
• Knowledge of Infrastructure, Security and Cloud would also be beneficial.
• The ability and mindset to quickly learn new and emerging technologies and apply them to create new solutions is essential.
What you'll be doing
To build this new vision we are looking to recruit a new team of Engineers, who have proven experience in coding and DevOps, who are agile thinkers and ready to help us learn new technologies and architectures. For us, it’s not just about having the right technical background, you need to have an open mind, be able to work collaboratively and be driven to learn and succeed.
You’ll be at the frontline, delivering our vision to our members by designing, building and testing systems used to process millions of transactions every day. You’ll be given the opportunity to work with the most up-to-date technologies to deliver real change.
You’ll make valuable contributions through developing solutions in a highly collaborative environment and implementing them with your team. With end-to-end ownership, development and deployment you’ll be given a platform to lead by example.
That’s our mindset and our culture: we want you to nurture and value proactive habits and to develop contacts and relationships so things are done faster and more efficiently. We’ll expect you to get stuck in and have a go, knowing that sometimes to fail fast is to learn fast.
The extras you'll get
Feeling as though you belong means being valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll receive your schedule in advance, helping you to organise your life. We show our support through the recognition and rewards scheme we offer:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.