HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000289
- Closing Date: 27 May 2019
• A HR Business Partner to join our People & Culture Team on a Permanent Contract
• Based at our Swindon Head Office
• Salary £42,370 - £61,201 a year (dependent on experience) based on a permanent 35 hours a week contract plus car allowance of £4656 per annum
We are moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. The people strategy underpins this and all five of our cornerstones, enabling us to achieve our ambition of building society, nationwide.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the HR Business Partnering team to support the business with developing and delivering the Society-wide people strategy. The role holder will support our wider communities with achieving their objectives through strategic partnering with senior leadership teams.
Flexible Working: All of our people have commitments and interests outside of their working day. The diversity that this brings is something our colleagues and our members value. We recognise that traditional working patterns don’t work for everyone, so we are delighted to welcome your application for this role on a full-time hours basis or on a flexible working basis.
We guarantee that your application will be judged only on the skills and capabilities you can offer compared to the requirements of the role, and that we will be open and transparent in our conversations with you about how your specific preferences can be accommodated against the demands of this position.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have:
- Experience of working as a strategic HR business partner
- Ideally you would have experience of working within a large corporate or financial services institution
- Experience of providing a consultancy service; supporting the development and delivery of people plans with experience of working in a regulatory environment and alongside Centres of Excellence
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge and negotiate with senior leaders
- HR generalist experience with a thorough knowledge of employment law and current legislation
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen, think and plan strategically whilst aligning actions to business strategies and delivering substantial benefits
- Strong communication skills with the ability to partner key stakeholders, build strong relationships at all levels and work collaboratively
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including evidence of managing multiple medium to large scale initiatives and projects
- Ideally CIPD qualified or studying towards this
What you'll be doing
Reporting to a Senior Business Partner, you’ll be supporting the development and delivery of a strategic partnering service across all Communities which includes the formation of a Society-wide Community people strategy:-
- Supporting with the identification of business strategies with significant people implications ensuring this is factored into a capability assessment as part of the planning phase
- Supporting the people related responses related to business strategies and objectives
- Provide coaching to community teams on PRIDE values and target culture to help embed these and foster positive relationships amongst the teams
- Working as part of the HR Business Partnering team to support with the building of people capability across Communities within the society by overseeing team identifying gaps and development requirements and coordinating talent management and succession planning processes;
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656 a year
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.