Contingent Workforce Strategy Manager
Contingent Workforce Strategy Manager
- Location: Northampton, Swindon, Countrywide
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000324
- Closing Date: 27 May 2019
- A Contingent Workforce Strategy Manager in Swindon or Northampton.
- £50,840 to £73,436 a year on a permanent full time contract. Company car allowance of £4656 per annum.
- Send in your application by 27th May
In this brand-new role to Nationwide, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and embedding of an effective contingent worker strategy, ensuring alignment with changing business strategy.
Nationwide take the sourcing, control and management of our contingent workforce seriously, and we have done some excellent work recently, including implementing a new MSP for the sourcing and management of Day Rate Contractors, we have implemented a new VMS and built a team to manage this hugely important part of our workforce.
In this role, you will have the freedom to identify projects, that will either deliver savings, efficiencies or legislative changes. There is a need to work with the wider Resourcing function, MSP and wider business to ensure we have the right controls in place, and we are an enabler to deliver the right resource at the right time.
You will be accountable for the delivery of medium/large scale contingent worker projects, on schedule, to budget, ensuring that key project deliverables are fit for purpose and will enable the defined project outcomes. And for compliance with legal and regulatory requirements of Contingent Workers.
A good example of that is IR35; the legislation changes next April, and you will responsible for working with our MSP, a small internal team, procurement and the wider business to deliver an effective and compliant IR35 project.
Who we're looking for
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a HR/Procurement environment
- Line management experience and minimum 5 years’ experience of working in a regulated environment
- Working knowledge of Contingent Workforce and Vendor Management System
- Proven understanding of Contingent Worker business needs
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to present up to executive level populations
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Attention to detail to produce high quality results every time
- Ability to hold challenging conversations at all levels including Exec level
- Commercial awareness and experience of Supplier Management engagements
- Understanding of Nationwide Strategy and Vision
What you'll be doing
- Accountable for the identification, design and implementation of the society’s contingent worker strategy, working across the society ensuring alignment to changing business strategies, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the Contingent Workforce strategy is communicated effectively across the society
- Lead process improvements projects, and legistalive changes for Nationwide, advising MSP OO and MSP.
- Accountable for contingent best practise and operational, continuous improvements
- Working witht MSP Operational owner, and Relationship Owner, bring external market best practise to the Society’s contingent strategy, and roll out to the MSP to improve cost efficiencies and process.
- Responsible for strategic direction of Contingent system, Beeline. Working closely with HR Shared Services, to ensure a joined up vision, and clearly defined book of work.
- Establishing and ongoing monitoring of cost benefits and business case for change
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.