Learning & Development Change Consultant
Learning & Development Change Consultant
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, Countrywide
- Salary: £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000330
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019
- A Learning & Development Change Consultant based in Swindon or Northampton.
- £35,309 to £51,002 a year on a full-time open-ended contract.
- Send in your application by 21st June
Fancy a role in Learning & Development (L&D)? We’re currently recruiting for a Change Consultant and Senior Training Consultant to come and join our diverse team of L&D professionals.
Our L&D team is at the start of a fantastic journey, together we are energised to support the Society in creating an empowering learning organisation. If you like variety, are curious and flexible - then we’ve got loads to keep you interested! Our team and these roles require flexibility across a multiple of areas, at times you might need to use your consulting and influencing skills in the creation of innovative learning solutions to enable the business to change and grow or you might be supporting the enablement of our front-line colleagues and leaders across our Retail Branch Network, our multi-site Contact Centres and other high volume areas, so that we can continue to deliver Legendary Service to our Members.
….and if that isn’t enough, we will need to expand our expertise in a range of learning methods, maximising modern techniques and campaigns so that any learning solution we create, is sustainable and Built to Last.
Within L&D, change is constant, and these roles may require you to adapt to new surroundings as demand shifts. In an organisation that is ‘always on’ - this role certainly isn’t 9-5 or based in one location. You’ll get back what you put in with support in whatever role you are doing, including a robust development plan and investment in your professional development if you want it.
The roles we are currently recruiting for are within:
- L&D Society Change & Consultancy - In this team your focus will be on providing expert consultancy for Society-wide change initiatives working collaboratively to provide the learning deliverables including both the design and delivery of the solution. You’ll need to have a presence mainly at our Swindon sites with schedules agreed with the project you’re supporting to ensure you’re effective in your role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum we’d like you to have
- Recognised expertise in L&D management across the full training cycle from consultation through to evaluation for large scale projects where the scope is ambiguous and open to frequent change
- Ability to deliver to fixed timelines within a commercially focused environment, seeking to maximise the return on investment and experience of delivering cost savings to the business
- Great knowledge of and experience in L&D with minimum CIPD or relevant business/professional qualification, such as Certificate in Training Practice, Certificate in Blended Learning, Certificate in Online Facilitation skills, NVQ4 in L&D - essential
- Experience with process, product and/or regulatory training
- Substantial experience of building and leading high performing teams, both direct and virtual, supporting and coaching Training Consultants with evidence that interactions have contributed to improved performance
- Proven track record of exemplary leadership and management skills in the delivery of learning solutions within major change programmes which are running concurrently and include complex IT software/hardware training; in a multi-disciplined environment - delivering multiple projects, impacting across numerous high paced environments
- Experience and proven ability to operate within a structured governance and risk environment responding to competing and inter-dependant needs and requirements; reporting and analysing MI
- Experience in project methodology such as PRINCE 2, Agile and Association for Project Management (Practitioner level) qualified - essential
- Financial services qualifications, such as CeMap, 1, 2 and 3; FPC 1, 2 and 3; studying towards Level 4 in Financial Planning - desirable
What you'll be doing
As a Change Consultant you’ll be the training lead for either a large Society wide change programme or a range of smaller projects. Using the full training cycle, you’ll be great at consulting professionally with business stakeholders, diagnosing development needs, planning resource and timelines, managing relationships and working collaboratively across the wider business so that ultimately you can deliver the best possible modern training solutions to fully ‘enable’ our learners to be the best they can be!
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.