Senior Training Consultant
Senior Training Consultant
- Location: Swindon, Northampton, Countrywide
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000331
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019
- A Senior Training Consultant based in Swindon or Northampton.
- £30,506 to £44,065 a year on a permanent full time contract.
- Send in your application by 21st June.
Fancy a role in Learning & Development? We’re currently recruiting for a Senior Training Consultant and Change Consultant to come and join our diverse team of L&D professionals.
Our L&D team is at the start of a fantastic journey, together we are energised to support the Society in creating an empowering learning organisation. If you like variety, are curious and flexible - then we’ve got loads to keep you interested! Our team and these roles require flexibility across a multiple of areas, at times you might need to use your consulting and influencing skills in the creation of innovative learning solutions to enable the business to change and grow or you might be supporting the enablement of our front-line colleagues and leaders across our Retail Branch Network, our multi-site Contact Centres and other high volume areas, so that we can continue to deliver Legendary Service to our Members.
….and if that isn’t enough, we will need to expand our expertise in a range of learning methods, maximising modern techniques and campaigns so that any learning solution we create, is sustainable and Built to Last.
Within L&D, change is constant, and these roles may require you to adapt to new surroundings as demand shifts. In an organisation that is ‘always on’ - this role certainly isn’t 9-5 or based in one location. You’ll get back what you put in with support in whatever role you are doing, including a robust development plan and investment in your professional development if you want it.
The roles we are currently recruiting for are within:
- L&D Society Change & Consultancy - In this team your focus will be on providing expert consultancy for Society-wide change initiatives working collaboratively to provide the learning deliverables including both the design and delivery of the solution. You’ll need to have a presence mainly at our Swindon sites with schedules agreed with the project you’re supporting to ensure you’re effective in your role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum we’d like you to have
- An awareness of the full training cycle, with an understanding of the current and emerging learning trends
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to apply complex information and learning and development theory quickly and accurately
- Strong facilitation skills, with a natural flair to engage and generate enthusiasm both in the classroom and through virtual delivery
- Proficient in designing training content
- Knowledge of learning trends and innovations and the ability to use this to enrich the learner experience
- Working collaboratively across L&D, where appropriate, to provide support, guidance, feedback and coaching that will add value and grow the talent in the wider Team
- Strong coaching and feedback skills that will raise the bar on performance
- Be open-minded, curious and brave - oh and have fun along the way!
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Training Consultant, you will be able to proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders and business partners, acting as role model and subject matter expert to the wider Learning & Development team. Your focus will be on conducting learning needs analysis for new learning requests, setting out proposed learning solutions and evaluating the success of deliverables across the business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.