Secretary to Executive
Secretary to Executive
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000382
- Closing Date: 11 December 2019
- A Secretary to Executive
- Based at our head offices in Swindon
- £19,453 - £28,098 a year dependent on skills and experience
- Permanent, full time opportunity, 35 hours a week
If you’re looking for a challenging but rewarding role which can take you places, this could be the perfect stepping stone for you.
This is an opportunity for someone who is full of enthusiasm and has a ‘can do’ approach. This role will be supporting multiple Director's within our People & Culture community.
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working, part-time hours and/or job share.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who takes great pride in their work. Comfortable taking responsibility for a high level of service, you will be used to working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will be diligent, trustworthy and discreet.
As a minimum requirement:
• Must have previous secretarial experience and ideally, currently be working in a similar role
• You’ll have outstanding time management, planning and organisational skills, including experience in diary management and providing support for events
• You’ll be a confident communicator with the ability to be calm, clear and precise enabling you to liaise with managers at the most senior levels across the society
• You’ll be enthusiastic and passionate about your work, you’ll also have exceptional IT Microsoft skills
• You’ll be comfortable with taking responsibility for a high level of service and used to working to deadlines
• You’ll be trustworthy, diligent, discreet and confidential at all times
• You’ll be able to pro-actively identify needs and deliver them as second nature
• You’ll have exceptional networking capability and be able to anticipate and solve challenging logistical and practical problems
What you'll be doing
Your time will be spent supporting senior executives in our People & Culture Community. This is a fast-paced, challenging environment. You’ll be a resourceful individual who approaches their work in a proactive way, anticipating outcomes and preparing for the consequences ahead of time. You will regularly communicate with colleagues at every level within the organisation and so it is important that you build up good working relationships across the business.
As well as supporting the senior executive and members of her senior management team with secretarial support, you’ll also assist with administrative activities critical to the operation of their specialist teams and make a proactive contribution to the Community. Whether you’re managing diaries, attending meetings, preparing support material for key committees or supporting your colleagues, we’ll expect you to offer fresh ideas, use your initiative and fully immerse yourself in every challenge.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.