HR Business Partner (Change)
HR Business Partner (Change)
- Location(s): UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002000457
- Closing Date: 14 May 2021
- We're happy to consider flexible working approaches for this role
The world we operate in is moving faster than ever before. Needs, expectations and behaviours are changing, and technology and regulation are driving unprecedented disruption and creating new opportunities.
So we’re looking for experienced HR Change professionals to help our team evolve to respond to the increased challenges we face into.
As a Business Partner, you will be responsible for supporting transformational people change. We are looking for individuals who have led or been integral to the delivery of large-scale transformational change. Experience of supporting businesses in their evolution to agile IT delivery operating models would be an advantage. Tenacity, stakeholder influence, adopting a coaching approach with senior leaders and adaptability are core attributes that we are looking for.
What you’ll be doing
Salary range - £55,000 - £61,000
You’ll be part of an agile or cross functional team of People & Culture HR professionals working alongside the business to plan and manage People priorities, strategic people change, organisational design, strategic workforce planning, transformational change and cultural evolution.
As the Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with both internal stakeholders and external parties, you will create, develop and refine People & Culture deliverables. You’ll use, understand and interpret insight gained to translate plans into business deliverables which synchronize with both the overarching Society wide strategy and the People & Culture vision for the Society.
We’re interested in people who enjoy managing competing priorities working in a fast-paced change environment so if that’s you then we would like to hear from you.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have robust Employee Relations change programme experience within a unionised environment.
- Have significant proven experience and skill in managing and delivering business change programmes
- HR Partnering experience with a focus on sound business and commercial acumen, including some experience in developing strong business cases.
- Have a good understanding of People strategy
- Be confident engaging with senior stakeholders and possess strong negotiation and influencing capabilities.
- Be able to demonstrate an active interest in agile HR, with up-to-date knowledge of latest best practice, engagement trends and developments in one or more People disciplines.
- Have proven experience of understanding, analysing and interpreting insight and complex data and make appropriate recommendations.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people, so we want our employees to be just as diverse. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values, and what makes you who you are. Demonstrate your capacity and desire to develop. Openness to challenge and challenge others. How you are open to new ways of working
- How you’d make a difference to our members in this role
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually. So, it’s a good idea to call out your most relevant experience on your application to give yourself the best chance.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year • Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- Status car allowance - £4,656 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So, if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.