- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100286
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
- A Product Manager - Based in Swindon but UK Wide applications will be considered
- £42370 to £61,201 p.a. plus benefits based on a 35 hour week.
- Applications will need to be submitted by 31st May 2019
Main Purpose of the Job:
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of compelling, sustainable and compliant products within our Life Insurance (Protection) portfolio. You will work closely with our strategic Product provider and key stakeholders within Nationwide to deliver on our growth ambitions and help broaden and deepen our members relationships with Nationwide. Key stakeholder management, influencing and engaging with Senior Executives across both Nationwide and our partner is key to the success of the role.
Who we're looking for
- You will possess excellent negotiating, leadership and communication skills
- Having a proven track record and ability to influence across Distribution, Group and Partners at an executive level
- Experience of working within a Product Proposition environment
- Strong track record of delivering Product proposition initiatives to drive growth
- Experience of working in a regulated environment and good understanding of customer outcomes, Nationwide Risk Framework and risk reporting
- Experience in management of financial budgets
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nationwide/Divisional processes, procedures, and service standards.
- A good understanding of the Life Insurance/Protection market as a whole
- Understanding of the regulation frameworks within which the product and industry operates that may impact on the market place and it’s evolution.
Ideally you will:
- Be a compelling communicator, capable of winning the support of colleagues and 3rd parties to build effective relationships with all levels of management and work collaboratively across Distribution and the organisation
- Relish challenges and be motivated to find innovative and creative solutions.
- Be agile and excited to work within an ever-evolving, fast-paced and multi-faceted organisation. You’ll be driven to balance the needs of our members and the business.
- Have proven leadership, strategic and planning capabilities to lead and drive new portfolio growth initiatives and programmes.
- Successfully liaise with and present to Senior and Executive Management, both internally and with our 3rd party partner.
- Be confident of cascading product information, updates and general communications to Nationwide teams whilst maintaining a governance structure to ensure consistency of approach.
- Ensuring the Nationwide culture and PRIDE values are fully embedded.
- Providing expert product proposition advice to Sales and Servicing teams to ensure they are knowledgeable about Nationwide and equipped to provide excellent service, sales and retention skills.
What you'll be doing
- Significant stakeholder management of senior executives in Nationwide and our 3rd party partner to ensure effective growth, development and delivery of the Protection & Life Insurance strategy and plans.
- Responsible for the development of a detailed and effective growth strategy to be implemented across our mediated & digital channels
- Accountable for the implementation of the growth strategy through the development and maintenance of effective relationships with key stakeholders within Nationwide and with 3rd party
- Create and deliver new opportunities across all distribution channels.
- Work with Holistic Proposition teams eg, Later Life to develop appropriate Protection products & services that contribute to the wider proposition.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.