Assistant Product Manager
Assistant Product Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
- Ref: R002100288
- Closing Date: 02 June 2019
• 2 Assistant Product Managers within the Protection Product Team
• £30,506 - £44,065 pa plus benefits based on a 35 hour week.
• Based at our head offices in Swindon
• These are both 9 Month Secondment roles
• Applications are invited until Sunday 2 June 2019.
We’re thinking big for our members and would like you to be involved…
It’s an exciting time to be part of the Protection Products Team! We’re on an exciting journey to financially protect more of our members (against their debt, income loss or for their family in the case of illness and/or death). It’s hugely rewarding role, as you’ll be making a real difference to our members’ lives.
Our hugely respected and award winning products supplied by our strategic partners; Legal & General have helped us to become one of UK’s biggest banking distributor of Protection Products.
Behind the success there is the Protection Product Team, with a track record of delivering exciting initiatives that are fair and member focused. Reporting to the Product Manager, we need an Assistant Product Manager, with a passion for ensuring members are at the heart of what we do with the commercial awareness to drive forward the protection business.
Who we're looking for
• You will preferably be educated to degree level or equivalent and have experience within Financial Services
• You’ll possess good numeracy and literacy skills.
• You’ll work well on your own initiative, using your commercial acumen and analytical ability to spot viable opportunities to develop propositions.
• As you’ll be working right across the business and our third parties; you’ll need to be good at building and managing relationships to succeed at achieving desired outcomes.
• You’ll have an appreciation of risk and governance required to oversee regulated products.
• You’ll have good organisational skills and the ability to proactively manage your workload.
• Flexibility, creativity, positivity and a high level of accuracy are essential.
What you'll be doing
The Protection market is evolving in its approach to customer engagement. This role is about developing a deep understanding of what members want, both now and in the future. It is then about working with colleagues across the business and our third parties to deliver change that will help support our growth aspirations and member satisfaction, whilst ensuring fair outcomes. Your primary responsibilities will be identifying opportunities and delivering improvements to the end to end customer journey, looking at the Branch, Telephony (Direct) and Digital channels.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a customer focused team to drive real benefits for our members. You’ll play a key role in product management, acting as a protection expert and getting involved with proposition improvements that make a real difference to members to help build society, nationwide!
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.