Senior Content Designer
Senior Content Designer
- Location: Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100297
- Closing Date: 07 July 2019
• Bristol & Swindon location
• Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We are different…. we’re a Mutual Society, owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors.
We’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel digital service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalise our Branch network - all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow…
You’ll have the benefit of working at our Experience Design Studio in Bristol and our fast paced, purpose designed Agile ‘Hub’ environment in Swindon where you’ll life and breathe the needs of our users and come up with smart ways to make things simpler, easier and better for them.
You’ll focus obsessively on our members and be infectiously passionate about content, UX, insight and all things digital. Your softer skills are super important too.
Who we're looking for
- Significant experience of researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences as part of multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment.
- An impressive portfolio, showing examples of content design and user-centric copywriting (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
- Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and coming up with creative ways to them on board, flying the flag for Content Design.
- An insightful approach and the ability to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems pragmatically. You’ll use data to inform yourself and others and find the best way forward.
- Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
If you have any of the following, even better:
- A passion for readability, comprehension and accessibility.
- Experience of creating strategies, conducting research and insight gathering activities.
What you'll be doing
Joining us as a Senior Content Designer, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading content design for one of our digital channels. This might mean shaping a content strategy for one of our Agile Hubs or immersing yourself in insight to get to know our members better and create easy-to-understand, beautifully effective content. Research, analytics, insight, testing. You’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and actions then creating compelling narratives that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded design talents in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, collaboration and solving problems pragmatically as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way, which helps set us apart from our competitors. And we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you…