Senior Content Designer
Senior Content Designer
- Location: Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100298
- Closing Date: 18 November 2019
Bristol & Swindon location (split site)
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Senior Content Designer to join our growing Service & Experience Design team. We’ll need you to be infectiously passionate about content, UX, insight and all things digital. And your people skills are super important too.
You’ll be in good company with a Service & Experience Design team who are taking the lead in defining and creating exceptional member-focused experiences across Nationwide. We’re building a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members’ ever-changing needs, expectations and behaviour, and put design thinking at the heart of all that we do. It’s no small feat but we’re lucky enough to have a team of 60+ Content Designers, UI Designers, UX Designers, and Researchers working together to make it happen – not to mention in-house research facilities, great perks and a culture to be proud of.
Who we're looking for
To join the team as Senior Content Designer, you’ll need:
- Significant experience of designing and iterating user-centred content as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
- An impressive portfolio, showing examples of content design/copywriting that meets audience’s needs and expectations (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
- Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and coming up with creative ways to them on board, flying the flag for content design.
- An insightful approach and the ability to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems pragmatically. You’ll be able to demonstrate where you’ve used data and research to inform yourself and others and find the best way forward.
- Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
- A passion for readability, comprehension and accessibility.
- Experience of creating content strategies, conducting research and insight gathering activities.
If you have any of the following, even better:
- Experience of mentoring and coaching junior team members.
- Experience of agile ways of working and influencing change in a large organisation.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Content Designer, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading content design for one of our digital channels. This might mean shaping a content strategy for one of our Agile Hubs or immersing yourself in insight to get to know our members better and create easy-to-understand, beautifully effective content. Research, analytics, insight, testing. You’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and expectations then creating compelling narratives that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded design talents in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, comprehension collaboration and solving problems as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
Why? Because we’re not your average financial services provider. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different! Joining us, every experience you design, journey you improve and piece of work that you deliver will have purpose. We all share a passion for designing the right things the right way and working together to do the best we can for our members. In order to do that, we want to keep bringing new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience to our team.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…