Lead Product Manager
Lead Product Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100319
- Closing Date: 24 July 2019
· Two Lead Product Managers (Current Account – Youth Products and Current Account - FlexPlus) at our head office in Swindon
· £50,840 - £73,436 pa, based on a 35-hour week
· Please send in your application with a covering letter by Wednesday 24 July 2019
Our Current Account business is core to Nationwide’s strategy of growing, broadening and deepening member relationships. With more than 1 in 5 Current Account Switchers coming to us over the last 12 months, it is clear we’re making great progress. An opportunity has arisen for two Lead Product Managers to join our team and helps us achieve even more…
Lead Product Manager – Youth Products
In recent years we have expanded our range of current accounts in order to better meet the needs of our members across different lifestages. This starts with a fantastic range of youth products aimed at children, students and graduates. Our first Lead Product Manager role will own and lead these three youth products – FlexOne, FlexStudent and FlexGraduate as we build on recent success and develop our products and services to meet the banking needs of our younger members.
Lead Product Manager - FlexPlus
Our second Lead Product Manager opportunity is to lead FlexPlus, our market leading packaged current account product. FlexPlus is generally considered by market commentators to be the number one packaged account in the UK, and our market share and satisfaction measures indicate our members feel the same. In this role, you will have responsibility for our FlexPlus business, including proposition design, trading and commercial performance for both the current account itself and the associated insurances.
Who we're looking for
You will need to be a collaborative leader, analytical, creative, confident, a good communicator and be member focused.
You’ll need to:
· Have a strong understanding of financial services and product management specifically.
· Direct experience of developing and bringing propositions to market
· Think strategically, identifying challenges and developing solutions through market knowledge, member focus, commercial awareness and analytical skills
· Possess strong influencing and collaboration skills, building relationships with stakeholders across the business at all levels
· Have strong people leadership experience
· Communicate excellently, both verbally and in writing up to board level
What you'll be doing
· Have ownership of either FlexPlus or our three youth propositions, including accountability for proposition design, trading and commercial performance.
· Be required to develop new propositions from conceptual stage right through to delivery
· Own key relationships across the Society, finding consensus and influencing stakeholders to move ideas forward and achieve our member and strategic goals
· For FlexPlus, manage key relationship outside the Society with our key insurance partners.
· Develop quality written proposals that facilitates formal decision making and broadens understanding of key issues
· Lead our people on both a direct and indirect basis
· Keep abreast of emerging industry trends, and proactively consider the options to progress these
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Car allowance of £4,656 gross (per annum)
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.