- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100327
- Closing Date: 29 August 2019
· FlexStudent Product Marketing Executive – working in the Current Account product team
· Based at our head offices in Swindon
· £25,421 - £36,720 p.a. dependent on current salary package on a 35 hour week.
· Applications with a covering letter are invited by 29/8/19.
Our Current Account business is core to Nationwide’s strategy of growing, broadening and deepening member relationships. Within this, our FlexStudent product supports younger members at a key period in their lives, helping them navigate university before graduating into our adult product range. Launched in 2016, our market share is growing each year and our first tranche of business is just reaching graduation. At this key point, an opportunity has arisen to join the team and look after our FlexStudent business.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll need to:
· Be educated to a degree level or have equivalent experience
· Demonstrate strong influencing skills and to effectively communicate your ideas well both verbally and in writing
· Be confident, proactive and motivated with strong organisational and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
What you'll be doing
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to start a career in Product Marketing, influencing design, pricing and promotion of our customer facing products. You’ll be joining the Acquisition team in Current Account with an exciting portfolio of work, looking after our Student Account range.
You will play a key role in supporting the ongoing management and development of the product, ensuring that it continues to meet the needs of our members and support the Society’s strategy for deeper relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
Helping to support and develop the Current Account day-to-day proposition, delivering initiatives that understand and meet our member’s needs and grow account use to deliver main accounts, member satisfaction, efficiency and income targets.
Supporting key projects on the way that customers use their accounts
Writing proposals/papers and presenting to key stakeholders
Understanding the needs and behaviours of our customers, being a key contact for other business areas and becoming a true current account expert
General support duties such as monthly reporting and governance
The extras you'll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours. We want to know how you like to work. And if we forget to ask, please tell us. We promise it won’t affect your chances at all.
There are all sorts of other benefits, including:
· a personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
· up to two days of paid volunteering a year
· buying or selling holiday; up to 10 days extra
· Access to an annual bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
· At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.