- Location: Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100330
- Closing Date: 17 November 2019
Location: Bristol and Swindon
• Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
Right now, we’re looking for a Content Designer to join our growing Service & Experience Design team. We’ll need you to be infectiously passionate about user-centered content, that’s backed up by data, research and best practice. And your people skills are just as important too.
You’ll be in good company with a Service & Experience Design team who are taking the lead in defining and creating exceptional member-focused experiences across Nationwide. We’re building a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members’ ever-changing needs, expectations and behaviour, and put design thinking at the heart of all that we do. It’s no small feat but we’re lucky enough to have a team of 60+ Content Designers, UI Designers, UX Designers, and Researchers working together to make it happen – not to mention in-house research facilities, great perks and a culture to be proud of.
For more information, please contact Candi Williams, Hiring Manager.
Who we're looking for
To join the team as a Content Designer, you’ll need:
• Experience of creating user-centered content, based on research and evidence, as part of multidisciplinary team.
• A portfolio showing great examples of content and copy, crafted for different channels and journeys (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
• Good relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders and flying the flag for Content Design.
• The ability to solve design problems pragmatically using insight. You’ll use data to inform yourself and your team and find the best way forward.
• Adaptability and a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
• A passion for readability, comprehension, microcopy and all things linguistical!
What you'll be doing
Joining us as a Content Designer, you’ll create engaging content that meets user needs, is easy to understand and sits in the right place on people’s journeys. Day-to-day, this could see you researching, shaping and designing content for an exciting, new proposition or coming up with the best way to solve a member problem. Analytics, insight, testing, iteration. You’ll get involved in it all, as you create compelling narratives that put humans first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded people in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you don’t mind a challenge and feel as passionate about content, collaboration and solving problems pragmatically as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive the kind of great benefits you’d expect from the world’s largest building society. These include:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
Why? Because we’re not your average financial services provider. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different! Joining us, every experience you design, journey you improve and piece of work that you deliver will have purpose. We all share a passion for designing the right things the right way and working together to do the best we can for our members. In order to do that, we want to keep bringing new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience to our team.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…