Content Design Manager
Content Design Manager
- Location: Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100334
- Closing Date: 18 November 2019
Content Design Manager
• Swindon/Bristol (Split site)
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced Content Design Manager to join our growing Service & Experience Design team. We’ll need you to be infectiously passionate about content, UX, insight and all things digital. And your people skills are super important too.
You’ll be in good company with a Service & Experience Design team who are taking the lead in defining and creating exceptional member-focused experiences across Nationwide. We’re building a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members’ ever-changing needs, expectations and behaviour, and put design thinking at the heart of all that we do. It’s no small feat but we’re lucky enough to have a team of 60+ Content Designers, UI Designers, UX Designers, and Researchers working together to make it happen – not to mention in-house research facilities, great perks and a culture to be proud of.
Who we're looking for
To join the team as Content Design Manager, you’ll need:
• Significant experience of designing and iterating user-centred content as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment.
• An impressive portfolio, showing examples of content design/copywriting that meets audience’s needs and expectations (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
• Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and coming up with creative ways to them on board, flying the flag for content design.
• An insightful approach and the ability to make evidence-based decisions and solve problems pragmatically. You’ll be able to demonstrate where you’ve used data and research to inform yourself and others and find the best way forward.
• Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
• A passion for readability, comprehension and accessibility.
• Experience of creating content strategies, conducting research and insight gathering activities.
• Experience of leading, mentoring and coaching team members and freelance content designers
• Ideally experience of agile ways of working and influencing change in a large organisation.
What you'll be doing
As a Content Design Manager, you could find yourself working on an exciting new proposition or leading content design for one of our digital channels. This might mean shaping a content strategy for one of our Agile Hubs or immersing yourself in insight to get to know our members better and create easy-to-understand, beautifully effective content. Research, analytics, insight, testing. You’ll be part of it all, defining user needs, wants and expectations then creating compelling narratives that put them first.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded design talents in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar. So, if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about content, comprehension collaboration and solving problems as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive all the brilliant benefits you’d expect from the world’s largest building society. These include….
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy up to 10 ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4,656
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
Why? Because we’re not your average financial services provider. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different! Joining us, every experience you design, journey you improve and piece of work that you deliver will have purpose. We all share a passion for designing the right things the right way and working together to do the best we can for our members. In order to do that, we want to keep bringing new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience to our team.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…