- Location: Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100350
- Closing Date: 25 October 2019
Base location: Bristol AND Swindon (split site)
Are you looking hone your UX craft, learn from design experts across all disciplines, be involved in industry leading digital initiatives and have great career prospects...?
Right now, we’re looking for a talented midweight UX Designer to join our growing Service & Experience Design team across Bristol and Swindon. We’ll need you to be infectiously passionate about UX, Research, insight and all things digital. And your people skills are super important too.
You’ll be in good company with a Service & Experience Design team who are taking the lead in defining and creating exceptional member-focused experiences across Nationwide. We’re building a best-in-class design and research capability to deepen our understanding of our members’ ever-changing needs, expectations and behaviour, and put design thinking at the heart of all that we do. It’s no small feat but we’re lucky enough to have a team of 60+ UX Designers, UI Designers, Content Designers and Researchers working together to make it happen – not to mention in-house research facilities, great perks and a culture to be proud of.
We all share a passion for designing the right things the right way and working together to do the best we can for our members. In order to do that, we want to keep bringing new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience to our team.
And that’s where you come in…
Who we're looking for
You’ll relish the opportunity to work with in-house creative, product, proposition, and commercial teams to ensure customer centric and accessible user experience across journeys. You’ll be a collaborator who can work with a passionate team of colleagues to deliver ‘at pace’ to drive the right outcomes for our members.
We’ll need you to have:
- Some experience of researching, defining and designing experiences and services – inhouse house or agency background
- Knowledge of UX and User-Centred Design practices with the ability to create useful and delightful experiences and services
- The ability to solve design problems pragmatically using insight. You’ll use data to inform yourself and your team and find the best way forward.
- Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
- The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- Good relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders and flying the flag for UX Design.
- Adaptability and a growth mindset. You’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies, ways of working and learning constantly.
A portfolio showing great examples of UX design, crafted for different channels and journeys (which you’ll be happy to talk us through).
What you'll be doing
Working end to end in true cross-functional teams, you’ll get to help shape the future of Nationwide’s products and services. You’ll work collaboratively within a team of Designers across UX, Content, UI, Developers and Product Owners to create exemplary experiences and services that meet our Business member needs and truly differentiate Nationwide in delivering legendary service to our members.
You’ll help identify opportunities and shape the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your UX design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them.
Day-to-day you’ll have responsibility for design activities through all stages of the project including research, ideation, prototyping, information design, interaction design, screen design.
This role will own the design responsibilities that span all experience and service touch points across the Nationwide digital estate (including nationwide.co.uk, mobile, branch screens, ATM, etc.)
You’ll also have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by UX Design Managers who’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society? We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
Why? Because we’re not your average financial services provider. We’re a mutual, run for the benefit of our members. Their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which sets us apart from our competitors and really makes working here feel different! Joining us, every experience you design, journey you improve and piece of work that you deliver will have purpose.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…