- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100359
- Closing Date: 21 November 2019
• Business Designer (L2.2) in Swindon
• Propositions & Engagement Squad
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We are investing heavily in transforming our systems and our ways of working to drive pace and agility in how we deliver alongside empowering our people to deliver through their skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Propositions & Engagement Squad as a Business Designer, designing solutions to deliver product innovation, enhancements and technical capability across product lines, with far reaching and tangible impacts across the Society and ultimately member experience!
Working as part of a change team, you will be responsible for designing and delivering the business solution for change initiatives, selecting the right approach to maximise value and delivery velocity. You will shape the prioritisation and sequencing of activity to support the definition of the change team roadmap; translating the objective and key results (OKRs) into target states and roadmaps at change initiative level for delivery; along with designing the business solution for the change team through a sound approach that balances the requirements of the Change team, cost constraints and timescales.
Who we're looking for
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
• Considerable experience of working within a business analysis or solution design role, on complex, cross-functional change initiatives, preferably within financial services.
• Excellent insight, analytical and problem-solving skills in defining business requirements, determining solution propositions and making recommendations for resolution.
• Experience of defining validation and verification strategies to support the continuous assessment of achieving the business requirements.
• An understanding of and ability to accommodate and blend the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources e.g. Third-party suppliers, remote staff and contractors.
• Strong understanding of business processes and how technology supports the business, and proven working knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
• Proven ability to understand and translate business needs and content into solutions, operating priorities and impacts, in line with organisational strategic outcomes.
• Familiarity with various project management methodologies, structures and working practices, and recent experience working in both Agile and more traditional Waterfall environments.
• Deep knowledge and understanding in many analysis and solution techniques, tools and methods.
• Strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence stakeholders, drive and task manage an analyst team and communicate progress at various levels.
• Proven experience of leading a team across small or large-scale change initiatives.
• A conceptual thinker with the ability to translate strategic outcomes into Change Team OKRs.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of roadmap development and working with Business SMEs to shape and scope change initiatives, targeting specific business outcomes
• Experience of coaching and helping Business Designers develop in their role.
• Experience of developing ‘best practice’ methodology, quality standards, and ways of working within a delivery framework.
• A professional qualification in business design, such as ISEB/BCS modules or diploma
• Knowledge of a range of business design techniques and working in Waterfall, Agile and collaborative environments.
• Financial services experience, ideally in Core Banking, Savings and Regulation
What you'll be doing
• In collaboration with the Business Design Lead, developing the roadmap, creating target and transition states required to meet change team outcomes and OKRs, ensuring continued alignment to the Society Strategy.
• Accountable for the scoping and planning of change initiatives for the change team, defining the approach and artefacts required for analysis and solution design, and leadership of Business Designers within a workstream.
• Translating business content into deliverables, identifying benefits of change and evaluating trade-offs to achieve change team outcomes.
• Conducting detailed analysis to elicit both functional and non-functional change requirements.
• Explore and provide business solution options to the Business Design Lead and Chief Product Owner (CPO), using innovation where appropriate and conducting feasibility assessments to make business design led recommendations to the change leaders providing challenge and innovative thinking.
• Supporting the management and resolution of design risks & issues and managing changes in requirements or designs, ensuring alignment to target state, priorities and OKRs and any other relevant change initiatives.
• Deliver explicit, quantified and testable requirements through the elicitation, documentation, validation, tracing and management of requirements, maintaining solution traceability between business requirements and solution design, with the status and ownership communicated to relevant stakeholders.
• Providing post-implementation support to ensure that a business solution is fit-for-purpose and successfully embedded.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7%, we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.