Assistant Product Manager
Assistant Product Manager
- Location: Swindon Head Office
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100383
- Closing Date: 26 November 2020
As a key member of the Investment Proposition team you will be responsible for planning aspects of the product lifecycle. Working alongside a number of key stakeholders, you will be instrumental in maintaining and building on the commercial performance of the products supporting Nationwide’s strategy of “Building Society, Nationwide” through PRIDE values, and maintaining our number one spot in customer satisfaction.
Flexible location but will be required to travel to Swindon HO and other sites, as and when required
Salary range: £30,506 - £44,065 dependant on experience and skills
Permanent opportunity – 35 hours a week
Closing date: 26th November 2020 @ 11.59pm
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be joining the Investment Team with an exciting portfolio of work focusing on our Investment and Retirement proposition and strategy. Being empowered to manage the day to day running of our products, identifying market trends and keeping abreast of competitor movements, where you will look to improve our product range and drive our ambitious growth plans.
Supporting the Product Manager in developing the Investment and Retirement proposition, it’ll be up to you to know our proposition inside out, and to understand how we promote and present our products.
Working with limited supervision, your time management skills will ensure you deliver multiple pieces of work within tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy. Identifying actions, evaluating and developing processes, systems and controls to deliver continuous improvements.
You’ll drive through important initiatives, being accountable for delivery and results, as well as supporting the Product Manager with the creation of papers, presentations and strategy documents to communicate service strategy and plans in a compelling and timely way.
Engaging, managing and influencing key stakeholders with our third parties and across the business (Distribution, Digital, Marketing Communications, Technology and Legal & Compliance) to deliver business objectives.
You’ll also act as the subject matter expert for investment and retirement products for the rest of the business.
You’ll need to:
- Have experience of working in Financial Services and/or Product or Proposition Management, ideally with Investments or Retirement products.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse a range of internal and external insight and present information to senior stakeholders in an impactful and understandable way.
- Understand Regulation and Compliance within Financial Services.
- You will need to be versatile in identifying actions, evaluating and developing processes, systems and controls to deliver continuous improvements.
- Have strong numerical and analytical skills with a commercial outlook.
- Have excellent relationship building skills, being confidence in communicating across communities.
- Be able to engage, manage and influence key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving to critical business and member issues
- Have an interest in market and competitor trends and can articulate how these may impact our strategy.
- Have excellent time management skills and self-motivation, enabling you to work within tight deadlines, whilst also maintaining high standards, attention to detail and ensuring timely delivery of multiple pieces of work.
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people. So we want our employees to be just as diverse, too. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values and what makes you who you are
- How you can make a difference to our members in this role
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. We want to know how you’d like to work so please tell us.
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our members, we want to reward you.
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
- A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
- Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
You can also tailor your reward package by taking advantage of a range of flexible benefits available to employees.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button below. You’ll need to attach a CV that highlights your relevant skills and experience and answer a few questions. You can also attach a cover letter if you’d like to.