Manager - Fund Research Management
Manager - Fund Research Management
- Location: UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002100385
- Closing Date: 23 October 2020
As a FRAM Manager, you will be supporting our growth plans for the Fund Research & Management Team. You’ll be responsible for selecting the best managers to deliver the best possible panel of investment funds to our customers. Working with our expert third parties, you’ll select appropriate multi asset funds and construct and monitor optimised portfolios that give our customers a rewarding investment experience and deliver our competitive edge.
- Flexible location, will be required to visit Swindon Head Office once a week
- Salary range: £42,370 - £61,201 dependent on skills and experience
- Permanent opportunity
- 35 hours with flexibility around working pattern, job share an option
Nationwide has helped over 300,000 customers invest money and now have £8 billion assets under advice. We have ambitions to significantly grow the business further by giving more of our customers access to leading investment options.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be working in a team that provides investment fund panel management (fund research, fund selection and on-going fund manager review/monitoring) and portfolio asset allocation recommendations to the Investment Committee.
Developing Nationwide’s investment panel and providing detailed recommendations to the Investment Committee for any proposed changes to asset allocation, fund selection and model portfolio allocations.
You’ll be responsible for the selection and ongoing review of any Asset Allocation tools used by both the team and our advisers, including management of third party suppliers, as well as being a key reference point and subject matter expert on all aspects of fund selection and investment portfolio management.
Demonstrating expert understanding of all aspects of portfolio construction and how this can be optimised to benefit our customers.
As a minimum requirement, we are looking for skills in the following:
- Experience of leading others effectively
- Excellent networking and influencing skills that have built strong and collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Effective presentation skills with experience of successfully presenting to committees and a senior audience on investment topics
- Investment market knowledge and confidence to make recommendations
- Excellent numerical and communication skills, with experience transforming technical information into an accurate and relatable format that's engaging
- Proven ability to build exceptional working relationships, ideally with fund management parties and third-party service providers
- Investment Management Certificate (or equivalent FCA Recognised qualification for Managing Investments)
- Comfortable providing expert advice and training to Investment Committee, financial advisors and internal teams
We’re also interested in who you are as a person. Why? Because our membership is made up of so many different kinds of people. So we want our employees to be just as diverse, too. We’d love to hear about:
- Your values and what makes you who you are
- How you can make a difference to our members in this role
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we offer a flexible environment. We want to know how you’d like to work so please tell us.
When you put a lot in, it’s only fair to expect a lot out. So, when you help us do the right thing for our members, we want to reward you.
As well as your salary, additional benefits include:
- A personal pension (most people put in 7% of their salary which we’ll top up by a further 16%)
- Up to two days of paid volunteering a year
- Family-friendly benefits to make life easier for parents and carers
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
You can also tailor your reward package by taking advantage of a range of flexible benefits available to employees.
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply please attach a CV that highlights your relevant skills and experience and answer a few questions. You can also attach a cover letter if you’d like to. Please let us know in your application if you have any up and coming holiday.
We might close this vacancy early if we receive a lot of relevant interest, so don't delay applying if this role interests you.