Content Design Manager
Content Design Manager
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £50,800 - £73,400
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203339
- Closing Date: 07 July 2019
Content Design Manager
• Swindon as base location (with occasional travel to Bristol when required)
• Base salary £50,800 - £73,400 (depending on experience) + Competitive benefits package
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. And we’re a Mutual Society, owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which really sets us apart from our competitors.
We’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our multi-channel digital service, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions to grow our digital active user base, develop our Open Banking channel and revitalising our Branch network on the High St- all designed to give choice to our members and meet their needs today and tomorrow…
And that’s where you come in...
Right now, we’re looking for an experienced, talented Content Design Manager to join our expanding Service & Design Experience team, providing in-house design expertise and true user-centred design, across Nationwide. We’ll need you to work flexibly between our Design Studio in Bristol and our purpose designed Agile ‘Hub’ environment in Swindon, although this is project dependent.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environment
• Experience in leading or managing in-house and freelance content designers – either agency or client side
• Proven experience of successful management and delivery of content design and copywriting elements of medium-to-large projects
• Demonstrable experience gained ideally in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process
• A strong portfolio of digital content and copywriting work
• Exceptional commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver customer-focused content
• Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
• Exceptional influencing skills
What you'll be doing
We’ll need you to focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. You’ll be meticulous about research and data and have extensive experience leading and collaborating with visual and UX designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to deliver class-leading member experiences.
In this pivotal role, you’ll shape content’s role across a wide range of digital projects, supporting and influencing senior stakeholders and championing content design across the business. Comfortable leading multiple projects, you’ll make sure we get the right content in the right place at the right time.
You’ll be across everything: research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. Collaborating with managers of other design disciplines, you’ll oversee compelling digital experiences and ensure what we agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver. You’ll also represent our Service & Experience Design team at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar.
The extras you'll get
The extras you’ll get:
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Car allowance, £4,656
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
As the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do, we aim to do the right thing for our members and build society in the right way but we need talented people who share what we believe in.
So, help us build on our values and in return, we’ll invest in you, providing great career opportunities, development and work life balance!
Interested? We’d love to hear from you…