Risk Partnering Consultant
Risk Partnering Consultant
- Location: Swindon, London, England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203515
- Closing Date: 24 July 2019
- Risk Partnering Consultant based in either London or Swindon
• £42,370 - £61,201 per annum (pro rata), dependent on relevant skills and experience
• Full time, open to discussing a condensed working pattern
• Please send your application in by 24th July
Did you know we’re shaking up the business banking market?
We believe the needs of small businesses are underserved in the UK and we're looking to provide a mutual alternative in the market that provides real and lasting benefit to our Members and society.
This is a chance to be involved in something brand new, where you’ll help to build and shape our new small business banking propositions, setting us up for future success. We’re combining our mutual culture with cutting edge technology to develop a market leading, digitally focussed proposition to meet the needs of the thriving SME market.
To help us achieve this aim, we’re looking for a number of people to join our risk team to help us create and run our:
- Compliance and Operational Risk management arrangements
- Risk governance and reporting processes
- Control and outcome testing practices
Who we're looking for
We’re seeking people to join our growing Governance, Risk and Controls team within Nationwide’s new SME banking unit. We need people with a variety of backgrounds and experiences, but are looking for candidates that are:
- Someone looking for a new and exciting challenge
- Values led - Want to make the lives of small business owners better across the UK
- Naturally curious - always looking for new, innovative solutions to solve problems facing our customers
- Engaging – able to rapidly build strong working relationships with people at all levels of an organisation
- Articulate – able to communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way, both verbally and in writing
- Decision makers – able to make time constrained but well informed decisions in the interests of our customers, taking into consideration competing opinions, responding to and overcoming challenge in an appropriate, constructive way
You will also need at least one of the following:
- A working knowledge of key regulations (FCA/PRA/PSR) applying to business
- Experience advising business areas on the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements. Providing pragmatic, holistic advice and guidance to stakeholders to help them shape their plans and priorities
- A practitioner level understanding of how operational risk is managed within financial services – with proven ability to identify, design, implement and test key controls
- Experience building and operating governance and reporting arrangements – for example: drafting risk frameworks, policies, committee structures, risk reports, risk MI and dashboards
- Experience developing and operating outcome testing and/or control testing plans
Additional experience that would help to strengthen your application:
- Experience utilising agile delivery methods
- An understanding of the digital risk environment and what you need to do differently when engaging with customers through digital channels.
- Experience of working in SME business banking – ideally in a risk or compliance roles, giving you the ability to provide “value add” advice on how to overcome business banking specific issues and challenges.
What you'll be doing
In light of the evolving nature of our SME banking proposition, day to day activities are likely to vary significantly in the short to medium term, so we are seeking candidates that are comfortable with change and a varied workload. However responsibilities across these roles are likely to include a mixture of:
- Helping to build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe.
- Partnering key stakeholders, providing risk and Compliance advice, undertaking and presenting formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members
- Working collaboratively with colleagues to identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks in the development and delivery of Nationwide’s exciting new SME proposition.
- Working with colleagues to develop and embed key risk artefacts, including frameworks, policies, processes, reports.
- Developing our risk reporting capabilities – e.g. helping to define and monitor our Management Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicators throughout the programme and as we move into BAU. Determining which Nationwide committees and forums we need to attend and feed into.
- Helping to define and operationalise our approach to control testing and outcome testing.
- Maintaining our governance structure. Running the operation of the local risk governance forums.
- Ensuring identified incidents are assessed, reported and analysed promptly in line with Group Risk expectations. Support, develop, provide direction & guidance to the programme, including the provision of formal feedback on activity undertaken
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.