Digital Risk Partnering Consultant
Digital Risk Partnering Consultant
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203603
- Closing Date: 28 August 2019
We need a:
• Risk Partnering Consultants supporting Nationwide Digital Based in our Swindon or London Head Office with regular travel across sites
• £42, 370 - £61,201 per annum
• Full-Time, Permanent Contract
There’s never been a better time to develop your career with Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than ‘for-profit’ companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building a Digital Risk Team to complement our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As a Digital Risk Partnering Consultant, you will work collaboratively with delivery teams and Nationwide Digital Management as well as other risk partnering and control function teams. The role holder will help the Digital Community understand, interpret and embed risk and control policies by working with the business area to understand their processes and change initiatives, interpret risk and control requirements and provide consultancy and advice to the Digital Community. They will work with the Community in delivering an effective and efficient Risk and Control environment that is managed proactively to mitigate risk to members and the Society.
If you have relevant experience in Risk Management, Audit or Digital Financial Sales/Service and would like to be part of an exciting forward-looking Risk, Compliance, Governance and Control function that helps protect our members and supports delivery of business priorities we’d like to hear from you.
Who we're looking for
• A risk specialist with a good knowledge of digital products, sales and service processes, alongside digital risk and control practices.
• Ideally, you will also have experience of working within a digital risk environment and have good knowledge of operational and conduct risks.
• Have a good understanding of agile delivery methodology
• Ideally, you will have good technical knowledge, gained through previously partnering with a technology led business area and sound understanding of ITIL and COBIT principles
• The role holder will either have or be working towards a recognised risk qualification (Institute of Risk Management Certificate/Institute of Internal Auditors)
• A good understanding of key business area priorities, objectives, risks, organisational / regulator policy and practice
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) will be an essential requirement as the role holder will be a key point of contact for the business area for day to day issues.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with key Digital business area stakeholders and excellent influencing skills
• Excellent organisation and planning / time management
• Ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independence whilst also knowing when to escalate to senior staff for support and validation.
• Ability to gather complex information rapidly across a range of diverse business areas
• Strong desire to produce work to the highest standard that can withstand challenge
What you'll be doing
• Partner effectively with key Nationwide Digital business stakeholders to maintain an awareness of industry, corporate and community 'change activity' which may give rise to risk events. Provide risk advice and present formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair customer outcomes and good experience for members.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks and controls in the development, delivery and management of digital products and services.
• You’ll need to be prepared to show flexibility and work with momentum. We’re looking for collaborators who can deliver at pace and can listen and absorb quickly, but someone who’s also able to challenge effectively to drive the right outcomes.
• Monitor and evaluate critical controls and provide insightful reports to executive management to deliver a regular control declaration.
• Undertake analysis of horizon risk intelligence, monitor existing risks, assess new emerging risks and control effectiveness using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management, support the production of control declarations and committees in line with Group risk expectations.
• Maintain an awareness of the scope of all internal Nationwide developments and their impact to the business area.
• Proactive analysis of KRIs and control/outcomes testing results, working with the business to develop effective actions plans
• Deliver an effective service to support the objectives of the Nationwide Digital Community Strategy via your Governance, Risk and Compliance activity.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life insurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.