Mortgage Consultant - Pegasus
Mortgage Consultant - Pegasus
- Location: Pegasus, England
- Salary: £27,484 - £39,699
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203635
- Closing Date: 28 May 2019
- Mortgage Consultants in our Pegasus Contact Centre.
- Basic Salary £27,484-£39,699 a year (based on experience) on a permanent contract.
- Part and Full-Time applications welcome (28-35 hours)
Required to work 6 late shifts (12pm-8pm) within a two week period, working every other Saturday is also required.
Who we're looking for
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone customer focused; our customers are important to us and we want to make sure they feel valued and at ease; whether they are first time buyers or current mortgage holders looking for further advice.
- Someone that is an excellent communicator with the ability to make a potentially complex process, simple and easy to understand, allowing our customers to make well informed decisions.
- Someone self-motivated and goal driven with a desire to achieve and exceed.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be fully CeMAP qualified
- Have experience working within the mortgage industry.
It would be nice if you also had:
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Time management skills
Following the introduction of the Individual Accountability Regime (known internally as Strengthening Individual Accountability) we will require all successful candidates for roles that fall within the regime to undertake enhanced pre-employment screening checks. To find out more about the Individual Accountability Regime and further information about the pre-employment checks required, please click here.
Please note, pre-employment screening checks will only be conducted with your consent after the point of verbal offer and this will also apply to internal candidates moving into this role.
What you'll be doing
Working in our contact centre, you’ll be guiding customers through our range of award winning products and spotting opportunities to make a real difference.
Creating informative but relaxed conversations are essential for this job. This will enable you to match each customer with the correct and most suitable product.
Being a team player, you’ll be keen to share your knowledge with colleagues and customers alike. However, you’ll be equally as keen to make the most of your own talents.
With employee development in mind, a Team Manager will coach and support you to ensure you’re able to build a successful career and take advantage of the extensive rewards on offer.
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That's why in addition to your salary, you'll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
- Salary of £27,484 - £39,699
- 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
- The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
- Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
To complete your application online, you will be asked to upload your CV.
Should you be successful in your initial application, you will then be invited to complete a video interview.
Best of luck in your application!