- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203671
- Closing Date: 19 June 2019
• Controls Consultant (Financial Planning, Protection and Investments) based in Nationwide House, Swindon
• £30,506 – £44,065 per annum (dependent on experience)
• Full-time, permanent role
As a Controls Consultant, you’ll be required to use your knowledge and skills to assess Member outcomes and experience and reach a judgement on through control testing and / or monitoring.
Working within a team of FPP&I Controls Consultants and Controls Assessors, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that they comply with the policies, process, procedures and frameworks set by the Society in delivering an effective and efficient control environment.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Be qualified at Level 4 e.g. DiPFA or equivalent
• Have an understanding of a controls environment and how they manage and monitor risks.
• Have knowledge of operating a control, control testing and / or control monitoring in Nationwide or the industry.
• Be member-centric with a keen interest in promoting fair Member outcomes and an understanding of how this fits with regulatory risk developments in the industry.
• Experience within Financial Services sector or the Regulatory environment that may impact risks and / or controls.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent process analysis skills to enable effective assessment
• Time management and organisational skills with a drive to achieving the required standards and to challenge for continuous improvement.
Ideally you have;
• Proven and relevant knowledge of risk and control ecosystems
• Good knowledge of Investment and Protection products.
What you'll be doing
In this role you’ll be identifying and applying control testing and monitoring of the business activity, which may include an assessment of adherence to regulatory rules. Using our controls tools to determine member outcome and ensure the member experience is accurately assessed.
Daily, you will;
• Apply judgement when reaching a decision on the design of a control.
• Support other members of the team through offering guidance and advice on the policy and practice applied across the Division.
• Recognise situations where there is the potential for an unfair Member outcome and/or poor Member experience and make key decisions on referrals for investigation where necessary.
• Assess to support clear and concise communication with Members to ensure understanding and actions where necessary.
• Drive and maintain professional business relationships (including 3rd parties where relevant).
• Develop and sustain a level of expertise in specialist areas relating to your role – including full knowledge of the relevant policy, process, products and key Regulatory requirements
• Maintain competence by ensuring on-going continuous professional development and remaining aware of what good conduct and fair outcomes means in relation to the operation of the control.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.