Apprentice (Collections & Recovery dept) – Bournemouth
Apprentice (Collections & Recovery dept) – Bournemouth
- Location: Bournemouth Administration Centre, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203681
- Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Location: Bournemouth Administration Centre
• Salary: £16,380 annually, to be reviewed 6-12 months in role based on performance
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Level 3 Apprenticeship over a period of 18 - 24 months
• Start date: 30th September 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team in Bournemouth and work towards a Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser qualification. As part of the Apprenticeship you’ll be working to help members who have fallen behind on their mortgages, loans or personal bank account payments. As the first point of contact, you’ll explore all possible options to get them out of their financial trouble.
Work here is all about people, and you’ll spend your time helping Nationwide members over the phone. Some calls will be challenging, but you’ll do everything you can to overcome these issues and keep our customers in their homes.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have achieved a Grade ‘C’ or ‘4’ or above in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Want to have a career within Financial Services
• Pass our screening assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• be able to communicate confidently and clearly
• Be a good team player and enjoy working as part of a team
• Good PC Skills
You need to have a keen desire to learn new information, processes and to improve yourself and your skills. You’ll also need good communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be nice if you:
• Enjoy the challenge of problem solving
• Have good attention to detail
• Are confident taking to people
What you'll be doing
Collections and Recoveries mainly focus on helping customers (who we call members) who are in financial hardship (e.g. struggling to pay their mortgage or have too much debt). You’ll be working within the Collections Team, speaking with our members who have difficulty to make their regular payments. You will need to understand their financial circumstances and recommend the best options to make sure their finances stay on track.
Unlike some places, we’re not driven by scripts or standard calls. You’ll take ownership and responsibility with each member to make decisions and respond to their queries whilst following regulations and always treating them fairly.
This is a new and exciting scheme in Bournemouth offering you the chance to get an invaluable range of experience with us, to build on your skills and giving you real insight as to what we do and how we fit into the wider business. It’s really important that you work to a really high standard, try hard and be driven and self-motivated to learn as we’ll offer you fantastic training opportunities. You need to know your way around a PC as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our members. You will also be highly organised and most importantly you will have a strong focus on doing the right thing, not only for you and the people around you, but also for our members.
The extras you'll get
• A real job from day 1, with a monthly salary to go with it
• Exposure to lots of different people including our senior managers
• The chance to learn lots and increase your knowledge of Financial Services and Nationwide
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing and also learn new skill.
• The chance to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
• The chance to gain the professional qualifications you need to succeed
• Loads of support along with a great network of buddies and mentors.
We'll offer you great personal development as well as professional qualifications. Our aim is to give you exposure to a range of key skills and experience early in your career, to help reach your full potential and build your experience.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.