- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203700
- Closing Date: 18 June 2019
• Governance Consultant in Relationships & Distribution, Product & Proposition and Marketing & Engagement Risk in our head office in Swindon
• Salary between £30,506 - £44,065 a year on a permanent basis.
The role will support the Policy Team within R&D, P&P and M&E Risk Governance in the delivery of key policy governance activities.
Who we're looking for
You’ll have excellent stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills, with the ability to work at pace individually and collaboratively. You’ll demonstrate a strong willingness to learn, and a keenness to take on tasks with senior exposure.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be able to analyse information and produce concise and informative reports and presentations on the community’s adherence to Society wide policies.
• Be a proactive and innovative individual
• Have extensive experience of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio.
• Have excellent planning, organisation skills and attention to detail.
• Be an effective communicator with experience of written and verbal communication at different levels of management.
• Have developed skills, and experience in relationship building and stakeholder management.
What you'll be doing
On a daily basis you’ll be working to:
• Manage stakeholder relationships of senior and Executive colleagues from across the Society to build trust, drive collaboration and ensure outputs are delivered with the highest quality to drive forward-looking policy governance.
• Act as the policy governance subject matter expert, being the go-to employee for consistent guidance and best practice.
• Ensure that effective governance, controls and assurance are applied appropriately and consistently across our community for the key risks detailed within Society policies, highlighting areas of non-adherence to Senior Management.
• Ensure effective implementation, embedding and adherence of all Society policies within the community, identifying any areas of non-adherence.
• Support the operation to successfully review the status quo and provide appropriate challenge into the way things are currently done.
• Work as one team to contribute to wider risk governance activities where required, working with confidence and flexibility when responding to change.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members, which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.