Operating Controls - Controls Consultant
Operating Controls - Controls Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £30,506 - £44,065
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203736
- Closing Date: 26 June 2019
• Controls Consultants based in Nationwide House, Swindon
• £30,506 – £44,065 per annum (dependent on experience)
• Full-time, permanent role
As a Controls Consultant, the role holders will be required to use their knowledge and skills to assess Member outcomes and experience from Nationwide’s communication with its Members, and reach a judgement on the appropriateness through control testing and / or monitoring.
Working within a team of Controls Consultants and Controls Assessors, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring that they comply with the policies, process, procedures and frameworks set by the Society in delivering an effective and efficient control environment.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• The role holder will have an awareness of the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) and Principle 7 of the FCA Handbook, or proven and relevant knowledge of risk and control ecosystems with experience and a strong understanding of the multiple controls deployed by the business and how they manage and monitor risks. They will have experience of operating a control, or will have had experience of control testing and / or control monitoring in the Society or the industry.
• A Member-centric mindset with a keen interest in promoting fair Member outcomes and an understanding of how this fits with regulatory risk developments in the industry.
• An awareness of the Financial Services sector and the Regulatory environment that may impact risks and / or controls.
• Good communication skills (written and verbal) will be an essential requirement of the role. Member contact is a requirement of this role.
• Excellent process analysis skills to enable effective assessment
• Time management and organisational skills with a drive to achieve goals in achieving the required standards and to challenge for continuous improvement. Good knowledge of Nationwide products, channels, process and policy.
What you'll be doing
Identifying and applying control testing and / or monitoring of the business activity and escalate results where appropriate, which may include an assessment of adherence to regulatory rules. Use whatever controls tool is required to achieve the right Member outcome and ensure the Member experience is accurately assessed
Maintain competence by ensuring on-going continuous professional development and remaining aware of what good conduct and fair outcomes means in relation to the operation of the control.
• Apply judgement when reaching a decision on the design of a control or in the operational effectiveness of the control, as part of the requirements for control monitoring.
• Support more junior members of the team through offering guidance and advice on the policy and practice applied across the Division.
• Recognise situations where there is the potential for an unfair Member outcome and/or poor Member experience. Make key decisions on referrals for investigation where necessary.
• Provide exceptional Member service – assess to support clear and concise communication with Members to ensure understanding and actions where necessary.
• Develop and maintain professional business relationships
• Develop and maintain and adhere to the appropriate level of expertise in specialist areas relating to your role – including full knowledge of the relevant policy, process, products and key Regulatory requirements
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That’s why in addition to your salary, you’ll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.