- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203741
- Closing Date: 28 June 2019
• A Delivery Lead – Home Hub
• Competitive Salary + car allowance + benefits depending on skills and experience
• To be based at our Wakefield House Office in Swindon
Who we're looking for
Leading and collaboration is key in this role and you’ll be an exemplar for collaborative working across our delivery teams. You will strive to deliver an excellent digital experience for Nationwide Members, meeting their needs.
As a minimum you’ll:
• Have been in a role where you led delivery for a digital solution delivery team
• Have a deep understanding of agile delivery methods, frameworks and tools
• Be able to digest a complex delivery brief and, with stakeholders, plan a delivery roadmap
• Demonstrate success leading medium to large financial services digital systems delivery
• Have been, or are, a delivery manager or equivalent within a fast-paced digital environment
• Have strong knowledge of change management principles and their application
• Be used to driving incremental change and efficiency to solve delivery problems
What you'll be doing
As a Delivery lead you will be responsible for leading the delivery for a mortgage product stream within the Home Hub. You’ll report to the overall Delivery Lead for the Hub and will be responsible for covering the full software lifecycle utilising agile methodologies to ensure frequent incremental deliveries whilst maintaining an stable service to our members.
You’ll do this through the following activities:
• With the other senior members of the delivery, product and technical teams, take ownership of driving delivery pace, quality and efficiency
• Motivate and lead colleagues, building an engaged and professional team that understands their role and how it contributes to the delivery of successful outcomes
• Ensure that the strategic objectives and problem statements are understood, and clearly articulated to the team
• Ensure our delivery is planned and straightforward, removing obstacles, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible
• Make sure we work within governance procedures, including the sales framework and service framework, ensuring delivery team provides relevant and timely content for this
• Manage financial aspects , understanding the impact of any costs or time changes
• Finally, the role spans Delivery and Operations, so working with our colleagues in IT Operations, you will help take our solutions live and operate them for our Members
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.