Senior Risk Partnering Consultant
Senior Risk Partnering Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203755
- Closing Date: 24 July 2019
• A Risk Partnering Consultant, supporting Mortgages and Advice within Retail Risk, based in Swindon.
• £42370 - £61201
• This role is a full-time position; however we will consider flexible working patterns, such as condensed and job shares.
Our Retail Risk Partnering team provides first line risk management support to all areas of the Society that talk to the member. Working across Product & Proposition, Relationships & Distribution and Marketing & Engagement we work with Accountable Executives and Material Risk Takers responsible for Product Design, Product Management, Sales, Service and Communications.
If you have relevant experience in Enterprise Risk Management or Conduct Risk Management, and would like to be part of a forward-looking Risk, Compliance, Governance and Control function that helps protect our members and supports delivery of business priorities.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone with a good knowledge of risk and control practices to provide Risk Partnering support within the area of Mortgages and Financial Planning, including Intermediary Relationships.
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Experience in risk and control practices, with an ability to practically apply this knowledge in appropriate situations
• Good knowledge of Mortgage and/or Financial Planning products, sales processes and service.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Good influencing skills and ability to develop strong working relationships with key business area stakeholders.
• Strong organisation and planning skills / time management
• Ability to act decisively, objectively and maintain independent whilst also knowing when to escalate for support and validation.
• Ability to gather and interpret complex information rapidly across a range of diverse business areas
• Strong desire to produce work to the highest standard that is able to withstand challenge
• A recognised qualification (or be working towards) in Risk or Compliance e.g. (Institute of Risk Management Certificate/ Institute of Internal Auditors), or
• A recognised qualification (or be working towards) within Mortgage advice, Regulated Advice or Equity Release advice
What you'll be doing
You’ll provide advice, oversight and challenge on operational, conduct and compliance risk to ensure we proactively mitigate risk to members and the Society.
• Working as part of the Risk Partnering team supporting all areas of the Society that talk to the member, you’ll be working collaboratively with colleagues to appropriately identify, assess, manage, monitor and review all the key risks.
• Assessing emerging risks and control effectiveness using corporate risk management systems to provide insightful reports to executive management and committees in line with Group risk expectations.
• Working collaboratively with key business stakeholders to maintain an awareness of industry, corporate and community 'change activity' which may give rise to risk events.
• Providing risk advice and present formal risk assessments / committee papers to promote the delivery of fair outcomes and good experience for members.
• Helping to build a robust, compliant risk framework to keep Nationwide, its members and customers safe.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.