Customer Contact Agent
Customer Contact Agent
- Location: Bournemouth Administration Centre, South West England
- Salary: £16,380 - £16,380
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203757
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
We have a full time position available (35 hours per week), 9-5pm Mon-Fri
• Generous annual incentive scheme
• 24 days holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ more holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Town centre location
• Subsidised gym onsite (Nuffield Health)
We’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies. We’re not really even like other contact centres. We’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
Who we're looking for
Experience in a customer service environment is important. But it’s about more than having ‘been there, done it’. A passion for looking after customers, understanding issues, owning queries and resolving questions is vital. You need to be a great listener and natural communicator, ready to think, act and respond quickly so that our customers get the outcomes they are looking for and the standard of service they expect.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be customer focused and have experience of working within a customer service environment. You’ll have a genuine passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
• Have strong PC skills as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our customers. Keyboard skills and accuracy of data input are critical to ensure that errors are kept to a minimum and our records are correctly maintained.
• Have great communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit each customer, ensuring you explain matters to customers in a clear way that they can fully understand
• Have a good degree of empathy and excellent people skills with a natural curiosity to help you quickly understand members’ problems and potential solutions.
It would be nice if you also have:
• Experience in managing customer account enquires and knowledge of how Collections & Recoveries procedures operate although this is not essential as training will be given
• Experience in the use of both MSOffice and other Windows applications
What you'll be doing
You’ll talk to customers about their mortgages and help to answer any questions they have about repayment. You’ll listen to requirements and discuss options, always aiming to resolve every query as quickly, smoothly and effectively as you can. You’ll have lots of training and support, and if you don’t know the answer right away, there will be plenty of people around who can help.
You will also be responsible for:
• Making decisions & responding to customer enquiries received via in bound and out bound telephone contact in line with the Departments’ quality standards, in a customer focused manner & in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Taking personal ownership and responsibility to help the customer understand the impact of their financial situation and sign post broad actions they could take to avoid future financial difficulties
• Responding to other Departments’ Mortgage enquiries
• Correctly input confidential data and ensure that efficient and accurate customer records are maintained, in line with policies and procedures.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.