Head of Proactive Service
Head of Proactive Service
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203784
- Closing Date: 21 July 2019
• A Head of Proactive Service to join our Channel Service team based in either our Head Office in Swindon or Threadneedle Street, London
• Salary £54231 - £88126 plus company car allowance of £4656pa
• This is a permanent opportunity working 35 hours per week
We have a great opportunity to lead the Proactive Service team, while being accountable for owning and delivering the strategy for Proactive Service, identifying and prioritising opportunities and risks for Nationwide and influencing stakeholders to adopt the approach and invest in the agenda. Supporting our Members and Colleagues with proactive and informed communication through change, incidents and uncertainty, saying sorry when we’ve got it wrong and enabling our colleagues to deliver legendary member service.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
· Experience of combining complex information from a range of sources to present a strong understanding of priorities for a customer service agenda
· A strong conceptual and strategic thought process with the ability to create clear delivery roadmaps
· Experience of developing, agreeing and communicating strategy in a complex and challenging environment related to the customer service agenda
· Expertise, or be known as a Subject Matter Expert of the themes associated with customer service including latest thinking, research and publications, legal requirements and regulatory themes
· A strong strategic leadership quality with the ability challenge and create solutions coupled with the ability to work from first principles
· Demonstratable delivery of strategic change associated with proactive customer service including embedding culture change
· An ability to build a strong network with evidence of trusted advice and expertise being sought and delivered by colleagues
· Experience in successful storytelling, advanced paper writing and presenting
What you'll be doing
In the role, you’ll;
• Lead Do What Matters across the Society, delivering and embedding a cultural shift for colleagues in how we operate and create legendary service for our members, sponsored by the Deputy CEO. During incidents (all levels) work in parallel with the technology and incident teams to provide the voice of the member and colleague, ensuring we keep them informed and implement at pace any agreed remediation.
Implement a best in class proactive communication approach including how we utilise digital communications to reach our members. Responsible for transforming the approach to this to real time
Create a cultural change across the organisation by building the capability to use big data to reach out to members when we notice a change in behaviour and proactively contact members to understand the situation and stop dissatisfaction before it occurs. A key focus on how we ensure our vulnerable members are supported at critical times
Work with the data team to create, maintain and develop a member sentiment model which is used to focus on member behaviour and sentiment to drive brand engagement and ultimately commercial return
Support the product and proposition teams to ensure the end to end member experience is legendary and to be the SME on ensuring new and existing products/services are proactively communicated in a member centric way
Ensure timely digital comms are used across the Society to inform members of changes to reduce complaints and dissatisfaction, putting the onus on the organisation to reach out to the member rather than the other way around.
Be responsible for building and driving the proactive agenda, strategy and roadmap across NBS on behalf of the Channel Service Director working directly with the senior leadership team, requiring great levels of negotiation and influence to ensure buy in, building strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
Provide strategic thought leadership on the delivery of proactive for Nationwide based on expert knowledge and understanding of the latest research, insight, opinion and evidence relating to proactive service
Lead the proactive service team, ensuring all members develop and maintain expertise, focus and resilience given the importance and breadth of the agenda
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.