- Location: Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary: £17,682 - £25,541
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203886
- Closing Date: 23 September 2019
We’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies. We’re not really even like other call centre environments either. We’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
A starting salary between £17,682 - £25,541, depending on your customer service experience, 35 hour contract, with flexible shift patterns between 8am and 8pm, Monday -Saturday, 24 days holiday with the option to buy more, flexible benefits, life assurance, and a generous pension scheme.
We operate 08:00-20:00 Monday to Friday, and 09:00-17:00 on Saturday providing adequate resource to support our Members.
As a Mortgage Representative you will work on an alternate early/late week shift pattern. During an early week your shifts will start between 08:00 and 10:00, with a day off during that week, working 09:00-17:00 on the Saturday. During a late week, you will work Monday to Friday, with your shifts starting between 10:15 and 12:00.
All schedules are published at least 4 weeks in advance, allowing you to plan in advance.
Who we're looking for
If you’ve got a customer service background, if you’re a confident communicator and looking to take on a new challenge in an established business, there’s really no better place for you. As a Mortgage Representative at Nationwide, you’ll be making our members’ lives easier and helping them to make the big decisions for their future by being the first point of contact for our member’s in their Mortgage application journey.
As a minimum requirement:
• Have experience in a customer service environment
• Be able communicate confidently and clearly
• Have great attention to detail
• Be able to use a PC and navigate different systems whilst speaking to customers
• Be enthusiastic and work with team members to be part of building a solid relationship with our members
It would be nice if you had:
• Experience in the financial services
• Plenty of enthusiasm about working as part of a team
• An understanding of our mortgage products and services however, we will give you full training to develop your knowledge to the highest standard.
What you'll be doing
Handling inbound mortgage queries, you’ll play a pivotal role in preparing our members for mortgage advice. Through training and on the job development we’ll equip you with an in-depth knowledge of our award-winning product range to be able to talk to customers with confidence. But, you’ll do more than just communicate; you’ll provide different options for members to choose from depending on the members circumstances and needs, using your acquired knowledge of the Mortgage function, and the wider business, and using it to make pinpoint their exact needs and flag up products and services to make accurate recommendations for each individual case. The focus will be to deliver a service that’s professional, secure and in line with our operational procedures, you’ll keep the customer experience at the front of your mind.
The extras you'll get
Here, you’ll be valued, recognised and rewarded. We aim to give all our people a good work-life balance, so you’ll have access to your working schedule in advance. We also offer life insurance, a company-contributing pension and an excellent recognition and rewards scheme.
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That's why in addition to your salary, you'll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
To complete your application online, you will be asked to upload your CV. Should you be successful in your initial application, you will be invited to complete a video interview.
Best of luck in your application!