Supplier Cost Manager
Supplier Cost Manager
- Location: Optimus, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002203954
- Closing Date: 15 November 2019
• Salary - £42,370 - £61,201 a year (dependant on relevant skills and experience)
You’ll manage the interface between Nationwide and Third Party Suppliers and Operational teams, focussing specifically on transfer of customer data. You will focus on identifying and maximising the benefits derived from our Credit Card Outsourced service by supporting and challenging the Third Party Supplier and sub-contractors on a day to day basis to ensure overall delivery against its contractual objectives, with a focus on IT systems.
Who we're looking for
You’ll inspire, motivate, coach and develop people to achieve outstanding performance through your personal leadership and demonstration of the Society’s core values.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience of managing a broad range of service/ specialist teams and third party providers.
• A strong customer focus with a passion to deliver the right outcomes for our members.
• An understanding of end-to-end operational systems management.
• Experience of Third Party Performance Management.
• Have Commercial and financial acumen, with negotiation and influencing skills.
• Be able to analyse data and identify issues with a strong attention to detail.
• Have outstanding stakeholder management and communication skills.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Financial Services experience.
• An understanding of FCA legislation impacting customer outcomes and 3rd party management.
• Experience of leading and developing a team
What you'll be doing
In your role you will:
• Have day to day accountability for the delivery of an outsourced service delivered by a Third Party Supplier and representing Nationwide’s strategic, operational and commercial interests at a detailed level
• Be responsible for the formulation and execution of a value proposition strategy with our Third Party Supplier which focusses on maximising value from our IT estate
• Be responsible for service improvement initiatives to ensure the on-going value of the outsourced services through a detailed understanding of Nationwide’s business drivers and external developments and opportunities
• You will challenge day to day activity of the Third party Supplier and seek opportunities to optimise supplier performance, through negotiation and influencing across the Society.
• Oversee operational MI performance relating to Third Party Supplier to support day to day management
• Ensure supplier delivery by establishing constructive relationships, embedding process interfaces and ways of working and acting as an effective interface between Nationwide and Third party Suppliers.
• Contribute to governance forums, providing input and challenge at a detailed level, and oversight of service risk
• Operate and develop the interfaces between Nationwide and the supplier, and act as the day to day escalation point for issues related to systems management
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.