Cloud Business Partner
Cloud Business Partner
- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002300257
- Closing Date: 05 July 2020
We’re no strangers to being at the forefront of technological breakthroughs – first in the UK to launch internet banking, joint first with Apple pay, Cisco leading-edge technology in our branches.
Building on that success, we’re now on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to become a simpler, more agile and innovative organisation, whilst remaining relentlessly focused on delivering legendary products and services to our members...
Our adoption of cloud is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of first-class cloud products and capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged are critical to achieving our strategy, delighting our members and the foundation of our digital capability. Our level of ambition is set high, that’s why we need an experienced cloud talent to drive forward our cloud strategy delivery.
And that’s where you come in…
The Cloud Business Partner role is to be responsible for developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with Cloud-facing programmes and initiatives, driving effective engagement between these and the Nationwide Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE). They will have a high degree of knowledge about the products and services offered by the CCoE in order to provide exceptional leadership, advice and guidance about how to exploit Cloud at Nationwide. They have a shared responsibility to ensure that the Nationwide Cloud Governance Process is correctly applied across the lifecycle of a Cloud-based capability so that all risks associated with Cloud-based operations are correctly identified, quantified and mitigated.
What you’ll be doing
- Extensive experience in a business partnering or account management role, evidencing the ability to drive collaboration between multivariate teams and individuals.
- Proven ability to apply processes, methodology and tools to underwrite and evidence consistent outcomes in an enterprise environment.
- Extensive experience of coordinating the delivery of business objectives, products and processes in support of the strategic objectives of the enterprise.
- In depth knowledge of IT operations and service delivery, including technology services, products and software.
- Experience of the application of risk and regulatory control methodologies in an enterprise environment.
- An ability to coordinate and accommodate the differing needs of multi-disciplined teams, consisting of internal and external resources such as third-party suppliers, remote staff, contractors and other financial institutions.
- An excellent communicator with networking skills and the ability to interpret and present technical information into business language.
- Relationship management and strong stakeholder management skills. Ability to set expectations based on the Product roadmap
- Articulation of the financial aspects and benefits of using Cloud, defining the value for customers
- Change management qualifications, for example PRINCE, Agile, Scrum, or equivalent experience of their application in an enterprise environment.
- Responsible for business partnering engagement across a wide range of challenging programmes and change initiatives, throughout demand identification and qualification; benefits management and financial controls; change implementation; service readiness and in-service support.
- Be a central point of contact and escalation for change programmes / initiatives with the wider CCoE.
- Proactive identification and management of Cloud demand and interdependencies between Cloud CoE, programmes and change initiatives.
- Filtering and prioritisation of demand for CCoE products and services, based upon realising value in accordance with the strategic objectives of the Society.
- Implementation of the Cloud Services Demand Management and Business Partnering operating model, methodology and tools.
- Providing programmes / initiatives with advice and guidance to ensure that they have a clear understanding of and remain within Cloud Governance processes and adhere to the guardrails defined by the Cloud CoE and risk control functions.
- Support change programmes / initiatives to assess, document, mitigate, monitor and where appropriate escalate operational risks that relate to the implementation of Cloud Services.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within Squads and the wider Society to ensure a clear mutual understanding of Cloud at Nationwide, the demand landscape and the range of products and services available from the Cloud CoE.
- Create and deliver a range of presentations to multivariate audiences about Cloud at Nationwide.
- Proactively identify opportunities for continuous improvement to Cloud Services processes, aiming to be the most efficient they can be, offering the best service and value to the Society.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application