- Location: Swindon, London, UK Wide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002300261
- Closing Date: 31 May 2020
You will help form our Cloud Security Operations team, which provides design, build and production support for the shared security services we offer on our public cloud platforms. You will provide strong technical support, enabling technical decisions to be made with confidence and at pace. You will support and continuously enhance our existing security services.
What you’ll be doing
This role resides in our Cyber Security Operations function in a newly formed team called Cloud SecOps. The purpose of this team is to provide design, build and production support for the shared security services that we offer on our public cloud platforms (AWS and Azure). This is an important role, ensuring that our members can be confident that our cloud services operate safely and securely.
A typical day in this role involves ensuring our shared security services are optimised and identifying opportunities for improvement. You will provide advice for the teams consuming these services to ensure that their services are operating in a safe and secure manner. As a founding member of the Cloud SecOps team you’ll also help shape its future direction and will be key to its success.
• A good understanding of securing public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Have good knowledge of privileged access management, vulnerability management, secure remote access, secrets management and access control.
• Be able to build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
• Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
• Cloud Security qualification such as CCSP or CCSK.
• Practical, hands-on experience in cloud security technologies
• Participation in Agile methodologies
• Scheme and regulatory environments such as PCI DSS and GDPR
• Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
Remove above paragraphs if flexible working isn’t possible, for example operational areas.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
• A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
• Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus
• Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
• 25 days holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application.