Cloud Product Owner
Cloud Product Owner
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002300262
- Closing Date: 31 May 2020
Want to get involved in cloud based delivery challenges? Do you live and breathe Azure, AWS and Google Cloud? Are you keeping yourself up to date with the latest cloud releases, functionality and approaches to cloud adoption?
Our adoption of cloud is fundamental to the success of our material investment in technology for now and the future. The creation of first-class cloud products and capabilities that can be harnessed and leveraged are critical to achieving our strategy, delighting our members and the foundation of our digital capability. Our level of ambition is set high, that’s why we need an experienced cloud talent to drive forward our cloud strategy delivery.
As part of the Platform Squad community and working within our Cloud Centre of Excellence, we are looking for talented people with technical product owner experience
What you’ll be doing
- Hands-on Product Ownership – Must have worked in Agile Scrum environment performing the role of a Product Owner.
- Worked closely with stakeholder and technical teams to define backlogs, run regular refinement sessions, get teams to estimate the work using relative estimation, plan roadmap, run sprint planning sessions, communicate sprint plans/progress, provide clarifications to technical teams, accept technical teams’ outputs, run demos, etc.
- Technical mindset. The role is not expected to provide technical leadership, however most of the work is infrastructure related and therefore a good understanding of infrastructure aspects, nuances relating to implementing Infrastructure as Code, automation, etc are important. Taking an active interest in how the team has actually implemented the solutions.
- Experience of Cloud/Virtual Env Experience – We are building Cloud products and therefore it requires a different mindset – so have you actively worked with their teams in implementing Cloud infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) for their solutions.
- B2B Experience – We are building solutions that will be consumed by other technical teams within Nationwide, and therefore experience of building B2B products would be more suitable.
- Regulatory Experience – A lot of our work will mainly involve taking off the shelf products from AWS, Azure and other cloud suppliers and “harden” them to the level of controls required for the financial services industry. Experience in a regulated financial environment would be ideal, but other highly regulated environments e.g. implementing PCI DSS, etc on their deliveries would be acceptable too.
- Ability to articulate the benefits of PaaS to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to manage stakeholders and set their expectations based on the Product roadmap
It would be nice if you also had:
- Banking Experience – Banking experience would be ideal
- Experience of working with External Partner Teams – we work closely with external suppliers to supplement our in-house development capabilities. This tends to alter the dynamics compared to purely internal teams.
- Jira Knowledge – We use Jira here, so having experience of using Jira would be great, but not essential.
This role is to be a Product Owner within the Cloud Centre of Excellence working within the AWS / Azure Product teams. Under the Product Manager's oversight, you will work to produce a comprehensive Product Roadmap and associated epics and stories to deliver against the business' demand.
- Act as Product Owner contributing to business outcomes and roadmap definition, defining system roadmap required to meet core business outcomes, and creating high quality features and user stories to deliver on those outcomes.
- Maintains the Product backlog using input from Stakeholders, responsible for the building, editing and maintaining of the team backlog encompassing all epics, features, user stories, defects and bugs.
- Responsible for ensuring backlog is ready for iteration planning, acting as the subject matter expert on the details and priority of all items in the backlog.
- Provide thought leadership on how scenarios and features will be implemented across the society.
- Ability to manage multiple releases concurrently.
- Strong Stakeholder/consumer management by developing and sustaining strong working relationships with business and infrastructure teams throughout the society. Ability to present and represent owned services to senior leadership as needed.
- Partners with product engineer and delivery team to ensure deliverables are defined properly with appropriate acceptance criteria and ensuring final accepted products are of the highest quality. Ensures the ‘what’ is needed, based on business needs, is defined so that the delivery teams can determine ‘how’ to deliver it.
- Accountable for business use case gathering and definition.
- Accountable for Definition of Acceptance Criteria and User Stories to ensure the delivery team is empowered with the necessary information.
- Manages and publishes roadmaps to ensure Stakeholders are informed.
- Participate in team demos and retrospectives, accepting quality work while ensuring constant process improvement throughout the lifecycle.
- Coordinate dependencies across product lines with the product management team
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 days holiday
- London location allowance - £4,687 per annum
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If this role is for you, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You’ll need to attach your up to date CV and answer a few quick questions for us. We’d also like to see a portfolio of some of your work.
We respond to everyone, and so we will be in contact shortly after the closing date to let you know the outcome of your application