Data Scientist (Senior)
Data Scientist (Senior)
- Location: Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500096
- Closing Date: 30 October 2019
Data Scientist, The Analytics Hub; Data & Analytics Community
Location: London or Swindon
Send in your application by 30th October 2019
The Analytics Hub sits in a new, data-led community that provides analytic and data science-based solutions to all areas of Nationwide. We solve real business problems, improve customer experience and drive efficiency. It’s an exciting time to join as the demand for innovation and analytics is increasing, so you’ll be able to grow with us in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Who we're looking for
Who we're looking for:
You’ll be a creative and agile Data Scientist with a specialism in analytics, you’ll be enthusiastic, proactive and ready to bring fresh ideas and methods to the team.
As a minimum, you’ll have:
- Experience with databases and SQL as well as processing unstructured data
- Expertise using Python/R
- MA in maths, statistics, computer science, physics, economics or related field or equivalent level of knowledge/experience
- Hadoop, PySpark, NLP or Deep learning experience would be beneficial
- Experience of working with Machine Learning models
- Experience of interpreting model outputs and building visualisations to depict your interpretations
- Experience of SAS EM, VA/VS would also be beneficial
What you'll be doing
Working within the agile framework, and a hub-and-spoke data science model, you will collaborate with different communities to understand the difficulties they face and identify improvements. You’ll develop new analytics use cases for the team to deliver and work collaboratively with both the data engineering teams and business stakeholders to understand how data can be used to support use case delivery.
The data you use will be varied and multi-faceted, and the insights you generate along the way will prove invaluable. We are constantly looking to utilise more varied structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources to bring additional dimensions into our analysis. A key part of your role will be to seek out those sources and spot opportunities. Comfortable working with senior business leaders, you’ll build relationships across the Society, creating compelling data driven stories to support your outputs and findings.
We are currently investing in a new Big Data platform based on Hortonworks Hadoop, Teradata and Open Source tooling. We’ll use this technology to develop a strong data science capability and you will be at the forefront of early adopters looking to embrace and grow this capability.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.