Lead BI Specialist
Lead BI Specialist
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500105
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
Lead Business Intelligence Specialist based in our Head Office in Swindon.
Salary: £42,370 - £61,201 (dependent on skills and experience) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
Send in your application by 30th April 2016.
For more information on the opportunities, please contact the Hiring Manager Andy Henderson or the Resourcing Consultant Tracey Buckley.
The Data & Analytics (D&A) community is responsible for ensuring that the Building Society’s strategic aims are met, where they rely on any aspect of data architecture, processing, availability, quality, solutions or discovery to transform how we server our member’s needs.
Within this single community are all the skillsets that a modern organisation requires to act strategically when it comes to data & analytics.
The BI Solutions team within D&A plays a key role when it comes to enabling colleagues access to information & data, be that through solutions developed using the latest versions of industry leading, BI and data visualisation tools or providing consultation, guidance or training of users to enable our self-service agenda.
Within the BI Solutions team we own the strategic use and define the standards of the BI tools such as Qlik Sense, ThoughtSpot and BusinessObjects for the whole of Nationwide and are the experts in these tools. We deliver solutions using various methods, with team members working one-to-one with business stakeholders, acting as part of scrum teams or key roles on large programmes.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Experience in developing solutions using Qlik Sense, QlikView or BusinessObjects
• Ability to read & write SQL
• Experience in data modelling or database ETL processes using SQL Server, Teradata
• Project lifecycle experience, preferably Agile
Would be great if you also had:
• Experience of developing solutions that use Hadoop
• Agile delivery methods & tools
• Used process optimisation (e.g. LEAN) and continual improvement principles
What you'll be doing
As a Lead BI Specialist, you’ll be focussed on solution design and delivery, ensuring our business stakeholders needs are met but bringing your knowledge and experience to exceed those expectations. You’ll support colleagues with advice & guidance on their projects and actively contribute to defining the team’s standards and good practices. You’ll be able to identify opportunities on projects to deliver ‘more’ and your technical knowledge will be strong. The scale of requirements will dictate if you’re working alone or as part of a team, but you’ll use your great communication skills to ensure stakeholders and colleagues are informed and that solutions are delivered on time.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
You’ll be joining the Data & Analytics community at an incredibly important time as we deliver our new strategy to transform our data capability across the Society – this is a crucial role for our future!
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.