Data Solutions Designer
Data Solutions Designer
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500124
- Closing Date: 31 May 2019
• Data Solution Designers in our head offices in Swindon
• Competitive salary
• Permanent 35-hour per week contract
• Send in your application by 31st May 2019
If you are the top talent that we are looking for, and would like to join a fun team, please contact Tom Scotney/Rob Kellaway (Hiring Managers) or Tracey Buckley (Resourcing Consultant) for more information on this role.
Nationwide has recently launched a new data strategy which will transform the way the society thinks about, values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy the Data & Analytics Community, and more specifically, the Data Solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for experienced Data Solution Designers to join our Design Hub, to deliver data solutions, patterns and controls, and constructing data pipelines to deliver information to our business community. You’ll be able to operate a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives, and you’ll have experience of working in a challenging fast paced environment to deliver at scale for our projects.
You will have:
• Advanced and proven technology design skills and capabilities for data lake and data warehouses design
• Good stakeholder management and engagement skills
• Experience communicating and influencing peers and management
• The ability to react with pace to manage changing demand
• Experience of different delivery methodologies – Waterfall, Agile, DevOps
• Experience in task management
You will have the experience in the following areas:
• Designing patterns and techniques for data lake and data warehouse on hybrid cloud and on-premise architectures
• Hadoop big data appliances, (Hive, HDFS, Scala, Spark, NIFI)
• Using Informatica and Teradata
• Knowledge of ETL frameworks
• Understanding of end-to-end IM environments
• Data modelling
• Data mapping
• Up to date with emerging technologies and trends, and awareness of open source tooling for big data
• Worked in and knowledge of the finance sector
• Proven leadership, mentoring and recruitment experience.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to the Design Hub Lead, you will be delivering project designs for our new information management solution, and managing reusable design and code specific patterns.
Working with the Architecture, Design and Data Engineering teams, you’ll be ensuring technology best practice and ensuring the platform remains relevant and up to date whilst delivering change at pace.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.