Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500125
- Closing Date: 25 May 2019
Senior BI Consultant in our head offices in Swindon (£50,840 - £73, 436 + Car Allowance)
Permanent 35-hour week contract
Send in your application by 25th May 2019.
Who we're looking for
To fulfil this role you’ll:
• Be a strategic Thinker – show strong analytical skill with excellent communication
• Change driven – strong experience as an SME and supporting those around you
• Have experience in developing solutions using Qlik Sense, QlikView or BusinessObjects
• Able to read & write SQL
• Experience in data modelling
• Understand data lifecycle and ETL processes in complex multi-source data solutions
• Delivered solutions on SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop
• Project lifecycle experience, preferably Agile
• Use process optimisation e.g. LEAN and use continual improvement principles
Would be great if you also had:
You’ll be joining the Data & Analytics community at an incredibly important time as we deliver our new strategy to transform our data capability across the Society – this is a crucial role for our future!
What you'll be doing
The Data & Analytics (D&A) community is responsible for ensuring that the Building Society’s strategic aims are met, where they rely on any aspect of data architecture, processing, availability, quality, solutions or discovery to transform how we server our member’s needs.
Within this single community are all the skillsets that a modern organisation requires to act strategically when it comes to data & analytics.
The BI Solutions team within D&A plays a key role when it comes to enabling colleagues access to information & data, be that through solutions developed using the latest versions of industry leading, BI and data visualisation tools or providing consultation, guidance or training of users to enable our self-service agenda.
As the BI Solutions team, we own the strategic use and define the standards of the BI tools such as Qlik Sense, ThoughtSpot and BusinessObjects for the whole of Nationwide and are the experts in these tools. We deliver solutions using various methods, with team members working one-to-one with business stakeholders, acting as part of scrum teams or key roles on large programmes.
You’ll be given the freedom to design, build & test solutions using industry recognised leading BI tools supported by best practices, with training to develop your technical and personal skills further, along with support and coaching from colleagues when needed. You can expect to have a variety of projects in different business areas, as we work across the breadth of Nationwide Building Society.
As a Senior BI Consultant, we expect that you’ll have the capability to be a true leader within Business Intelligence at Nationwide. This means that your consulting, business engagement and stakeholder management expertise is a strong as your technical capability. We’re looking for someone who can determine how & when it’s best to implement a technical solution, use your judgement on deciding the solution complexity is proportional to the business benefit and ensure communication with business users and colleague expectation is managed along the delivery journey.
You’ll be able to identify opportunities to deliver ‘more’, where you may be working alongside others or on individual assignments and take ownership for ensuring things are done correctly. We’d expect you to coach others by sharing your opinion and technical knowledge across the Society at every opportunity.
Your role requires you to be responsible and\or accountable for a variety of topics alongside project delivery such as: technology innovation, development standards and process, user adoption & engagement, capacity planning.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.