- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500135
- Closing Date: 05 January 2020
We have recently launched a new data strategy which will transform the way the society thinks about, values and manages its data. As part of this new strategy the data & analytics community, and more specifically, the data solutions team has a number of exciting new roles to help deliver on the promises of reducing the number of legacy data stores, simplifying the architectural landscape and treating data as a valued asset.
This role will focus on delivering reporting and analytical solutions onto the society's enterprise data platform (Hadoop big data ecosystem and Teradata appliance) in support of both small Agile and larger scale project and user delivery.
Combining responsibilities for technical delivery alongside continuous improvement, innovation and automation, this exciting new role will provide the opportunity to work with some cutting-edge technologies.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have at least 1 years’ experience of data lake and/or data warehouse delivery with:
o Either, experience in the Hadoop big data platform and a broad range of associated technologies, such as Python, R, Spark, HIVE, Scala
o Or, experience in data warehouse delivery, ideally with a mix of Informatica and/or Teradata technologies
• Be a technical innovator with a curious mindset and a thirst for knowledge and be able to demonstrate a drive for continual improvement
• Be a strong team player who enjoys and thrives on collaboration across colleagues and teams
• Have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
For more information on this opportunity please contact Jordan Warren, Resourcing Consultant.
What you'll be doing
Reporting to a Snr Data Engineer, you will form a key part of a team of engineers responsible for the implementation of data solutions onto the new IM estate in support of our strategy objective of simplifying our data landscape and delivery of insight and innovation. Working directly with business and IT stakeholders you will help to deliver best practise, innovation and automation in the industrialisation of complex strategic IT initiatives alongside smaller user driven demand.
You will bring a high level of motivation and innovation to the team, always looking for ways to expand your own skill set and searching for ways to do things better, quicker & cheaper.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we don’t have shareholders, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.