- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002500174
- Closing Date: 28 June 2019
Delivery Manager (Infrastructure)
• Competitive salary
• Permanent 35-hour per week contract
• Send in your application by 28th June 2019
For more information, please contact the Hiring Manager Paul Sims or the Resourcing Consultant Tracey Buckley.
Nationwide have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any one time including portfolios in the areas of Payments, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance, Technology Services, Telephony, Operational Process Improvement, Mortgages, Banking, Savings, and Digital Development, all supporting new products through delivery of new technologies as well as updating and exploiting our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment, we strive to ensure that the IT platforms continue to meet our business needs and customer demands in today’s 24x7 world. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering the IT change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our customers.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. You will be working in the Data & Analytics Solutions team, who are responsible for the design, build, test and deployment of data solutions. The team combine the best of Nationwide and strategic partner capabilities to deliver change across our Information Management applications estate in support of the Society’s strategic initiatives. Success for the team is a high-performing, scalable, responsive and efficient platform.
Who we're looking for
You’ll be an experienced project professional with a proven history of delivering IT infrastructure change, ideally having worked with global partners like BT, Tech Mahindra, and Tata Consultancy Services (TCS). You’ll be used to time pressure and the need to motivate and manage both internal resource, teams from our strategic partners, and build effective and lasting relationships with senior stakeholders. This role will have three main focus areas; doing delivery, resourcing delivery and enabling delivery.
As a minimum requirement you'll have:
• Several years’ experience of the management of IT infrastructure projects.
• Stakeholder experience up to senior management level. Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience of working with internal and external parties to successfully deliver enterprise system change having built a high performing team with the right blend of skills for the work.
• Direction and leadership of virtual teams to ensure that project outputs are delivered on schedule, to budget and to the required quality.
What you'll be doing
D&A Solutions is looking for talent to help deliver change to the D&A Community Platforms, co-ordinating this for the D&A community.
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of small or medium size change initiatives through the full lifecycle from inception through to close-down – this will involve scoping, planning, managing, estimating, and delivering change initiatives.
• Accountable for delivering and managing multiple small or medium size change initiatives successfully against agreed delivery plan(s) to time, quality and cost that in turn feed into change team outcomes / roadmaps. This will involve business readiness, release management, demand management and implementation.
• Responsible for assessing the outcomes linked to multiple small or medium size change initiatives, ensuring that they land well in the business and in turn deliver tangible outcomes meeting the needs of our members and employees.
• Responsible for identifying and utilising the appropriate set of delivery methodologies for small or medium size change initiatives and operating within specified guardrails ensuring that key deliverables are fit for purpose and will enable the defined outcomes.
• Requirement to feed into the Quarterly Review (QR) memo and generate accurate, relevant and timely reporting to enable progress of change initiatives to be tracked centrally whilst working alongside the Change Realisation Office, Delivery Support and Change Quality Partners to monitor and provide insight into how the project / portfolio is tracking.
• Lead diverse teams within the Delivery Management capability, working alongside Delivery Support to ensure that resource is allocated to the right place at the right time and that behaviours including confidence and accountable freedom are embedded whilst playing a part in driving a cultural shift of outcome focused on change.
• Accountable for removing blockers (and supporting others to do the same) and the pro-active identification, communication and resolution of risks and issues as well as working alongside Delivery Support to asses and apply continuous improvement measures in in-flight change initiatives, post programme/project reviews and directly into methodology revisions. This role will be a natural point of escalation and will foster a learning culture based on continuous improvement.
• Encourage a collaborative team and exhibit the behaviours of an Agile Leader with an Agile mindset whilst encouraging the team to embrace and adopt agile values and principles.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career.
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%.
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary.
• 24 days of holiday plus bank holidays.
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday.
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets.
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme.
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.