Delivery and Planning Consultant
Delivery and Planning Consultant
- Location: Swindon, South West England
- Salary: £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002600013
- Closing Date: 22 January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Delivery and Planning Consultant to join our Strategy Execution team. This is a key role in the Strategy Delivery Office where you will work closely with the Senior Manager and Head of Strategy Execution to coordinate the development and execution of the Society Strategy Roadmap, and associated investment plans, providing a coordinated view of progress across the Society to Senior Stakeholders.
Working closely with the Value Realisation Office and Senior Leaders and Accountable Executives across the Society you will challenge, influence and critique priorities and outcomes to ensure alignment with the Society Strategy and Plan.
• A Delivery & Planning Consultant in a senior capacity, based at our Head Office in Swindon
• Salary range £50,840 - £73,473 pa based on a 35 hour week plus a company car or allowance
• Please send in your application by Wednesday 22 January 2020
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to advise, challenge & influence at a senior level within the business
• The ability to think clearly and strategically and to then write insightful and compelling material that is supported by excellent presentation skills
• Experience working with senior stakeholders and successfully managing relationships
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw useful insights and recommendations and to present them in an engaging way
• Demonstrable management experience in a financial services strategy and/or planning environment
• Experience of delivering change and supporting multiple stakeholders to manage and prioritise conflicting priorities to deliver outcome in line with strategy
• Extensive experience and knowledge in Strategic, Business and/or Finance change
What you'll be doing
You’ll be responsible for supporting the development of the Society’s Strategy Roadmap and investment plans to ensure clear articulation, prioritisation, understanding of value and ownership of the requirements. You will also monitor performance and progress of Squads and Communities against their agreed outcomes and execution priorities, challenging, influencing and critiquing performance to ensure alignment with Society strategy and resource.
On a day to day basis you’ll be accountable for;
• Supporting the development and maintenance of the Society’s roadmap to ensure clear articulation, prioritisation and understanding of benefits realisation.
• Monitoring performance and progress of Squads and Communities against their agreed outcomes and execution priorities.
• Operating with autonomy to robustly challenge the business and hold senior stakeholders to account to ensure delivery against plan, escalating as appropriate.
• Ensuring strategy execution initiatives adhere to the appropriate governance and controls.
• Providing integrated reporting on multiple strategy initiatives and contribute to updates for the Board, ExCo, and in particular, the Investment and Benefits Realisation Committee, providing material updates and insights on issues relating to the execution of the Society’s Strategy.
• Providing support to the Strategic Investment planning process by working closely across the business to scrutinise and understand demand and how it maps to the Society’s strategic priorities.
• Identifying potential connections between multiple strategy initiatives, highlighting any possible challenges and barriers. Escalate as appropriate and where possible make recommendations on how to resolve or mitigate concerns.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies
Infrastructure Engineer – Monitoring Technologies