- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £25,421 - £36,720
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002600014
- Closing Date: 26 January 2020
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to help drive forward the reporting & analytical capability of our team in Swindon.
If you’re naturally curious, love working in a small dynamic team and have experience in data analysis then we’d like to hear from you!
Our team looks at the differences we see across the UK and what this means for our business. This includes looking at customer demographics, market data, a variety of internal product and service information and joining it altogether to show what happens and where!
We’ll need you to understand the important questions for our business and help translate these to insightful and relevant data reports which will inform decisions on the future direction of Nationwide’s Strategy.
• A Senior Analyst based in our head office in Swindon
• £25,421 - £36,720 pa based on a 35-hour week.
• Applications are invited until Sunday 26 January 2020
To thrive in this role, you will:
• consistently think of how the data you provide is going to help the business make good decisions
• enjoy investigating and linking data together to tell a compelling story
• be proactive and willing to learn new skills and work with new datasets
• be consistent recording your processes and commenting your code
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience of translating business questions in to analytical problems: designing, building and delivering high-quality reporting.
• Be a competent SAS and/or SQL user and have experience in working with large relational databases
• Be confident to present your ideas and findings of your analysis, including writing up findings and conclusions
• Strong experience of using Excel, familiar with data manipulation techniques and attention to detail.
• Be a team player and natural collaborator with ability to build strong working relationships.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Knowledge of the financial services industry, particularly regulated financial services
• A relevant degree or equivalent (such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Finance, Economics or other Science Discipline)
• Experience with ArcGIS and Qlik Sense
What you'll be doing
• Developing and delivering analysis & reporting to answer business questions and help maximise the applications of the data we have
• Providing regular data and insight to help project teams monitor progress
• You’ll primarily be using ArcGIS, Excel, SQL, SAS and Qlik Sense
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide, we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
You may also be interested in these related vacancies