- Location: Countrywide
- Salary: £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002600025
- Closing Date: 30 October 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Strategist to join our Strategy team. This role will be part of a team that shapes and drives the development of the Society’s strategy.
The role will be responsible for bringing insights and strategy development expertise and will collaborate with other senior strategists to describe and set direction (across financial, transformation and operational lenses), creating clear and actionable plans for others in the Society to deliver.
You will be responsible for challenging, influencing and shaping the Society’s priorities, whilst making connections between multiple cross-organisation initiatives to identify, understand and mitigate potential inter-dependencies.
What you’ll be doing
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Extensive strategic development expertise and experience with practical experiences of using recognised development frameworks and approaches
- Experience of working in a strategy consultancy practice
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to advise, challenge & influence at a senior level within the business
- Superior experience navigating large and complex organisations, including gaining access to key senior stakeholders and successfully managing relationships
- Exceptional self-drive and commitment striving for excellence
- Outstanding written skills including the ability to write insightful and engaging content that encompasses clear, compelling communications
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to draw useful insights and recommendations
We would prefer you to have retail financial services experience.
As a Senior Strategist you will be responsible for describing and setting direction creating clear and actional plans for others in the Society to deliver. You will be accountable for;
- Leading work to create and develop strategies that set out clear direction and actions to be taken for others across a range of different contexts
- Leading the development of high-quality strategic plans through the application of recognised, professional and robust strategic analysis development tools / frameworks
- Owning the definition and communication of strategic plans, including: the creation of strategy documents and financial information
- Supporting Nationwide’s senior leaders in their development and thinking on strategic development topics through the creation of insights, perspectives and recommendations.
- Creating strong, collaborative and effective working relationships with colleagues from across the Society to bring specialist knowledge, resource and leadership to strategy development projects.
- Owning the ongoing development of external market, industry, strategy and sector knowledge – both individually and broadly across the strategy community – seeking to ensure that Nationwide strategies are informed with the latest thinking and perspectives.
The extras you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- Market-leading benefits package, including discounted products and services
- A ludicrously generous pension (up to 23%!)
- Status Company Car or £4,656 allowance pa (gross)
- Access for Healthcare Scheme
- 30 days holiday (+ bank holidays) + the option of 10 extra days
- Access to Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible working
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.