Senior UX/UI Designer
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Location: Central London
- Salary: Competitive
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002600027
- Closing Date: 28 January 2021
We’re a vibrant, lively team with a start-up vibe, based in the heart of London. We’re on a mission to help renters better plan their money and achieve future goals such as owning a home. We're fully funded by Nationwide Building Society and we are looking to expand our design team as we go into next year. We’ve got a pretty impressive team on board already, so you’ll be working with some of the best within a collaborative and thriving environment.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our small but mighty design team in Home Rentals. As an experience designer, you are responsible for translating a project vision, user insights and business goals into stuff that works. You rapidly iterate designs and functionality based on what people need and the behaviours you observe.
You collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to develop high quality and accessible user journeys. You constantly prioritise the leanest, quickest and most valuable way to overcome the challenges you encounter. And you believe that user experience is the responsibility of the entire team.
- You’ll be embedded in a cross-functional product squad and lead design for one or more product area.
- You’ll be responsible for all design artefacts produced. From research and journey mapping through to shipping a well-tested and pixel-perfect UI.
- You’ll collaborate using clear communication, written documentation and facilitation skills. You’ll work closely with product owners, engineers, architects, user researchers and content creators. Make sure those team members are deeply involved throughout the design process and aren’t just shipping good looking designs.
- You’ll regularly work with the design lead and product leadership to ensure that the product vision, business goals and experience quality are all in alignment.
- You’ll advocate for high quality, inclusive and accessible user experiences. You should be able make appropriate decisions on where and when to make scoping trade-offs by balancing ideal experience, technical constraints, business risk or strategy.
- You’ll be the voice of our customers. You’ll be heavily involved in all types of research and testing activities and have a deep understanding of the customers we’re designing for. You’ll help to influence business stakeholders on a user-centric approach to processes; and ensure we ship the right thing that adds value to customers.
- You’ll help to drive a creative, open and respectful team culture and improve our design community of practice.
We’re looking for someone with the following knowledge:
The extras you’ll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair that you get a lot out. Our rewards and recognition scheme includes:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
- 25 Days Holiday
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.
What to do next
If you’d like to apply, just click the ‘Apply now’ button. You’ll need to attach your CV and answer a few questions, and you can attach a cover letter if you like.
We know applying for jobs can sometimes feel like you’re sending an application into a black hole. We review each application individually, which is why it’s a good idea to show your relevant experience on your CV to give yourself the best chance.
We’ll get back to you as soon as we can.