Finance & Ops Technician
Finance & Ops Technician
- Location: Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary: £23,574 - £34,051
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Ref: R002700002
- Closing Date: 21 June 2019
- Finance & Ops Technician, Nationwide for Business in our head offices in Swindon
- Salary- £23,574 - £34,051 per annum, plus bonus and benefits, based on a 35 hour a week, permanent contract
- Send in your application by 21st June
Nationwide is committed to providing equality of opportunity in employment, and to developing work practices and policies that support work-life balance. As such we welcome applications from those looking for flexible working and/or job share.
We believe that the financial needs of small businesses are underserved in the UK and we’re looking to provide a mutual alternative in the business banking market.
This is a chance to be involved in something brand new, where you’ll help to shape an evolving business with innovative propositions.
Reporting to and supporting the Finance Business Partner, this diverse role will be part of a small team with a broad range of responsibilities and activities. The role will progress from working in a ‘build environment’, to supporting the running of, and reporting for, the new community once the proposition is live.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you will have:
- Strong numeracy skills with a minimum qualification of A-level Maths
- A finance background with experience of financial reconciliation
- Analytical and creative approach to problem solving, being proactive to implement change
- Ability to build strong relationships, both within your team and across the organisation
- Microsoft Office package knowledge and skills, with a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workloads in order to meet stakeholder requirements
What you'll be doing
Your role will include but not be limited to:
- Managing the funding requirements to enable the settlement of different payment schemes and establishing processes to facilitate this.
- Modelling future customer payment volumes and values.
- Analysing large amounts of financial data.
- Ownership of the month-end account reconciliation processes.
- Generating internal and external reports, with variance analysis and commentary to show how the Nationwide for Business is performing against its planned objectives.
- Supporting key financial business decisions by positively challenging the norm with creative thinking.
- Contributing to the wider Nationwide for Business team by supporting projects and initiatives that improve how we work and the services we provide to our customers. This could be through sharing ideas for improvement, identifying and removing barriers to our delivery and monitoring our service levels.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
Work with PRIDE
Why work for us?
At Nationwide we’re here for our members and we put their needs first in everything we do. And now, more than ever, two things are helping us go from strength to strength: we put our customers first, and we’re known for being open, honest and trustworthy.
We’re also the world’s largest building society, with communities at the heart of everything we do. We aim to do the right thing for our members which helps set us apart from our competitors. But we need good people to help us do it. People who understand what we believe in, and have the talent and drive to keep us successful.
At Nationwide we have a strong ethic of care, and a genuine concern for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We are committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. If you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured and you feel empowered to contribute then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.